Chapter Two - The Privledged and The Rebels

February 8th, 2015

:3 So. I kinda lied. I've been working on Behind The Mask AND Skyfall, and so far, it's going well! ^_^ (I really hope I didn't jinx that...)

Happy reading. :3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

While everyone else was looking at the forest around them, I was looking at all of the metal that had fallen off the drop ship. There was a lot of it, and a lot of metal meant a lot of weapons. I had heard Clarke say that we had to travel twenty miles. If we were really heading to Mount Weather, we would need weapons. And that was the one thing I was good at.

I built a fire in less than five minutes, something that I had learned from a survival book that Bellamy had brought me. I did it with only a piece of glass and another piece of reflective metal.

I found a decent sized piece of metal and and placed it over the fire, waiting silently while it heated up. Before long, the metal was almost red. 

"What are you doing?" Bellamy asked from behind me. 

"Making weapons."

Bellamy laughed, then sat down beside me. "You're doing the thing that got you in jail?"

I nodded. "Yup. Ironic, isn't it?"

"O!" He yelled after we stayed in silence for a moment. "Come here!"

Octavia ran over, a smile on her face. 

"O, this is Venus. Ven, this is my sister Octavia."

Octavia grinned at me. "I've heard a lot about you." The smile vanished and a grateful look came onto her face. "Oh, and thanks for trying to defend me earlier."

I smirked. "No problem. I was about to teach them both a lesson, but goody-two-shoes over here decided to stop me." I said, smacking Bellamy's arm. He narrowed his eyes at me before smirking.

Octavia laughed, then stood beside me. "You really know how to pick best friends, don'tcha  Bell?"

Bellamy chuckled, and nodded. "I guess I do."

I saw Monty and Jasper walk by me, and I saw Jasper head towards the annoying blondy and the Chancellor's son. "Excuse me..." I muttered before following after them silently.

"Cool, a map. Can I get a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer." Jasper said jokingly.

Looks like the Chancellor's kid didn't like that statement because he grabbed Jasper's arm and moved him backwards. "Do you mind?"

I darted forwards and pushed the guy's hand off, glaring at him. At the same time, a group of guys came up behind the kid, who I had heard being called Wells. "Hey hey hey," Some guy said, standing in front of Wells. "Hand's off, the rebel's with us."

He had dark brown hair, a little like Jasper's but slightly longer. It was pushed back completely and moved ever so slightly to hang in his face every time his head moved. He had pale skin and a dark blue eyes that were filled with a small bit of narcissm. Maybe even resentment.

He was implying that we weren't all a group. Maybe we weren't. Blondy and Wells needed to let us all do our own thing, not try to control us like their parents did. 

"Relax." Wells said, putting up his hands defensively. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground." Bellamy said from about twenty feet away. "That not good enough for ya?"