Chapter Thirteen - Make A Wish

April 8th, 2015

Hiya. :D

So the song for this is "Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams. It kinda matches this chapter, except instead of airplanes, they're wishing on rockets. :) So yeah.

I hope you like it!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirteen

I got back to the camp, just as Clarke appeared. She was recruiting people...? But for what?

I ran up to her, tapping her shoulder and getting her to spin around to see me. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"That pod had a girl in it. Bellamy stole her radio, it turns out he shot Chancellor Jaha to get down here."

I sighed. "I know. He told me last night."

She looked like she was about to yell at me for not telling anyone sooner, but continued anyway. "We need another way to send them a message. We need to tell them that we're down here."

"And how do you plan on doing that?" I asked, eager to know what she wanted to do and how I could help do it.

"The girl who was in the pod, Raven Reyes, she's a mechanic. She knows how to make flares out of the rockets from the pod. We need some help with it, you wanna come?"

I nodded. "Yes, of course."

I followed her, along with a few others, through the forest and to the area where Raven seemed to have landed. There were many people there, maybe twenty, possibly more. They were all running around, eager to help and try to save the lives of the people on the ark.

"Raven!" Clarke called out, and a girl that had been looking inside of the pod looked up to see me. She had tanned skin and dark brown hair, and seemed like a nice girl with the way that she smiled at me. She walked up to us, and Clarke continued.

"This is Venus. She made all of our weapons, and knows how to make bullets too. She could probably help you pretty well down here." Clarke said, then quickly walked off. 

Something was definitely on her mind. I would have to ask her about that later.

I put out a hand, and Raven shook it once with a grin on her face. "Raven Reyes."

I smiled back at her. "Venus Bartone."

Her eyebrows rose, and the grin vanished slowly. "Clarke's mom spoke about you."

I raised a brow. I had never spoken to Abby Griffin, not once.

"She said it was strange that you hadn't taken off the wristband... Not that it matters. Since they're all fried now."

I nodded slowly. I hadn't even noticed it, but the night before, all of the wristbands had broken. It was Monty's doing, but none of us cared. Frankly, it was nice to have that damned thing off.

"So what exactly would you like me to do?"

"Well... You could help Clarke with the rocket fuel." 

"Sounds good." I smiled, and she grinned at me.

Hours later, we were running out of time. We had to hurry. It was dark now, and we had just gotten the rockets set up. Seconds after they were set up, Raven gave the go ahead to let them fly. 

The rockets flew into the sky, before bursting off higher into the darkness. 

They looked like shooting stars. Bellamy told me that people used to wish on shooting stars when our people were still on earth. Before the bombs.