Chapter Twenty-Nine - Rebellion

June 4th, 2015

Hiiii. :D

I don't really have a lot to say about this chapter, except that the song for this chapter is "Mercy" by Hurts... It kind of gives you all a clue about what's coming up. ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The guards were all glaring at me, but they didn't even attempt at moving me.

I had gotten frustrated with Kane and the guards, so being the little walking entity of sass that I am, I quite literally sat down in front of the interrogation room that they had put Bellamy in. They knew enough not to move me, seeing how they had seen me put three bullets into the head of the last person that pissed me off when I clearly only needed one. They were all kind of scared of me now. It was actually quite funny.

I saw them take Murphy in a few hours ago, but I didn't really care. He stared at me, but I didn't say a word.

Eventually, I got bored and decided to go to the tent where Raven was being looked after. But, I stopped when I heard the screams. Abby must have started the surgery.

I went up to the many posts that some people were working on building into a wall, and leaned against an unfinished one. And as I did, I saw something that made the hair on my neck stand up.

A grounder. A scout, maybe. He was standing at the tree line, hiding behind a large one. He thought that no one could see him.

So, I used that to my advantage.

I walked up to a guard, and slapped him on the back of the head. He was too stunned to even react when I grabbed the gun from his hands. With one single shot, a bullet went straight through the chest of the grounder. Luckily for me, this gun was more quiet than the others. It was smaller.

He was watching us for a reason. So, I decided to see what the hell he was so interested in.

Before the guard could grab me, I bolted. I was halfway to the tree line when the screams started. Someone was being tortured, or on their way to death.

I heard Kane and the other guards screaming my name, trying to get me to turn back, but I didn't listen.

Instead, I ran as fast as I could in the direction of the scream.

I came to my destination, only to see four grounders running from a large tree. They had practically crucified three men, but other than that, they weren't hurt. Two had spikes through their hands, while another was tied with ropes. They were okay, they hadn't been hurt in any other way. The grounders must have ran when they knew we were coming.

I shot at the chests of all four of the grounders. If they didn't return to their camp, then their leaders would know exactly what they were dealing with.

I dropped the gun, and began to climb the tree just as Kane and the other guards ran up to us.

Kane was horrified as he stared at the four grounders I had just killed, or nearly killed, and became even more horrified when he saw the three men that were on the tree.

"Don't just stand there," I growled. "Help me! Catch them!"

The guards all stood under the guy on the right, the one that I was focusing on. I climbed up above him, and within seconds, had ripped both of the spikes from his hands. He screamed out in pain, right before he dropped into the guards' arms.