Chapter Sixteen - Electric

April 17th, 2015

It's my birthday Tomorrow! I'm going to see The Longest Ride! :D I wasn't planning on updating until Sunday night, but I thought you guys should be able to celebrate with me. ^_^ So here you go!

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen

Clarke had given me a sliced piece of cloth to cover the cut on my arm, scolding me about not telling her about it. She said that I should have it stitched up, but I insisted that she use the remaining wire to help Finn in case his own stitches broke later on. 

Clarke started to talk to Abby about Finn's condition, then went up to the third level and talked to Bellamy for a while. I helped Finn get back on the table with Raven. When Clarke came back, I decided to go up to the third level to see what Bellamy was doing to the grounder. Now I could focus on him.

I got up to the level, and one of Bellamy's guys was standing in front of me. "You can either get out of my way, or I can give you a headache you'll never forget."

He narrowed his eyes at me, and then Bellamy moved forwards and pulled him back. "I suggest you do what she says," He muttered.

I shoved past Bellamy and his follower, and went towards the grounder. I went over to his hands, loosening the bonds that were almost cutting his skin open. 

Bellamy grabbed my arm, pulling me back. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"No," I said, shoving him back. "What the hell are YOU doing, huh?!" I hissed, and he stared down at me in shock as I continued. "No, actually, I know what you're doing. You're torturing the man that saved your sister! You're doing it because you're ashamed!"

"For what?" He said, glaring at me with a death stare.

"For the fact that he was the one that protected her, when you were too selfish to even think that you let her go off on her own while you went after a radio to save your own ass!" I said, shoving him back so hard that he actually ended up tripping and falling backwards.

He stared up at me, his eyes wide as Miller and the other guy both looked at me with fear in their eyes. 

He slowly got up, and I heard Clarke start to come up the ladder. Miller moved in front of her, and I glared at him. "Move, or I'll make you move," I said.

The fear was soon back in his expression, and he backed away, making a path for Clarke. 

I took in Clarke's expression and stance. She was pissed. Why? Then I saw that she had the knife. Something happened. She walked right up to the grounder, holding the knife up to his face. "What's on this?" She growled out.

"What?" I asked, right after Bellamy did. 

"He poisoned the blade," She said, her hand now shaking. "All this time, he knew Finn was gonna die no matter what we did," She held it closer to his face. "What is it?! Is there an antidote?!"

"Clarke, he doesn't understand you!" Octavia said.

But I knew she was wrong. I saw the look in his eyes. At least, the one eye that wasn't swollen. He looked at me, and I knew that he felt guilty. But he wasn't going to give it up. We were the same, he and I. We both disagreed with those around us. I realized that the day that he protected Octavia from the traps the grounders had set.

"The vials!" Bellamy said, walking over to a small box that he had gotten from the grounders. "It's gotta be here."

"He'd have to be stupid to have a poison around this long without an antidote," Clarke said,digging through the vials. "Which one?!"