Chapter Fourteen - Walking Into Hell

April 9th, 2015

Enjoy. :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourteen

We had walked for hours by the time that we finally reached a sign of Octavia's whereabouts. But it was a sign that none of us were hoping for. It was an entrance way. One made by spikes with skeletons impaled on them.

I gulped, and Finn glanced at me. "I don't speak Grounder... But I'm pretty sure this means keep out."

I held tightly onto my torch, then walked forwards. I would help find her, and she would be alive. That is what would happen.

"You can go back if you want," Bellamy said, and I heard him follow me. "My sister, my responsibility."

Bellamy walked up beside me, and I heard Jasper and Finn say something that caused the hairs on my neck to rise.

"I'd walk into hell to find her," Jasper said, trying to sound brave when he was obviously terrified. We all were.

"I think we just did," Finn muttered.

It was getting lighter the further we walked, and before long, we were at an impass. Finn lost the trail, and without the trail, there was no was that we would find her.

You know those times where you suddenly get an urge to look at something, and you instantly regret it? Well, that happened to me.

John had vanished, and I seemed to be the only one who noticed. And I knew where he was.

"Where's John?" Roma asked, and I felt horror form inside me.

"B-Bellamy..." I said, hitting his shoulder. "Don't look up." I wasn't able to tear my eyes away from the trees. "Just run."

He didn't listen, none of them did. We all stared up in shock, just as John's body hit the ground, blood pooling from the wound in his neck. His eyes were glossy, and were staring upwards blankly.

"Run!" I yelled, turning and moving as fast as I could.

"I think it's the trees," Finn said.

"It is," I muttered. "I saw one."

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary," Someone said, panic evident in his voice. I didn't pay attention to who it was.

"Now can we go back?" Roma hissed.

"No!" I yelled, glaring at her. "Not without Octavia."

"There!" Finn whispering, pointing over in a direction. A grounder.

"Another one!" The other guy said, sounding more scared than any of us.

"We should run," Finn said, right before we all began to race through the trees.

I was ahead of everyone else, and kept looking behind me to make sure that everyone was there.

"What are we gonna do?! They keep cutting us off!" Someone yelled.

"Just keep running!" Finn yelled.

"I can't keep running much longer!" Jasper said, as if he was begging us to stop.

I stopped in my tracks, at the same time that Bellamy had.

"I'm not stopping for him!" Some random guy yelled.

"I'm sick of running anyway," Bellamy said, stopping and waiting for Jasper to catch up as Finn stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Finn asked, panting.