Chapter Twenty-Three - Ashes To Ashes

May 9th, 2015

HIIII! :D

So this song, Fire Meet Gasoline, is one that continues to remind me of Murphy and Venus. Murphy is the fire, and Venus is the thing that sets him off.

^_^ I hope you like it.

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Three

Everyone was feeling better now. I'm pretty sure that no one was sick, and if they were, then they were almost at full health again.

Murphy and Octavia were pretty much exiles in the camp, and people were being quite rude to them. Of course, most of them knew that they were both two of my friends, so they were a little cautious. The odd asshole still came around, though. And I dealt with them easily. 

The smoke house that I had helped to build along with a few of the guys was now filled with meat, which I was happy for. We wouldn't starve.

I saw Murphy walk in the smokehouse, behind one of the jerks that I had wanted to teach a lesson to since the day we got down here. Del. Out of habit from being my over-protective self, I walked up to the smokehouse, standing in the entrance.

"You can't take the heat? Get out of the smokehouse," Del said callously. "You should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp. Just keep working," He ordered.

Del turned to leave, and his eyes widened a little to see me standing in the way. He moved over, attempting at sidestepping me, but I stood in front of him again.

"He should be kissing your ass, hm?" Del didn't say a word. "Well, I have news for you, bud. His rejoining the camp was not your decision, therefore you have no say in the matter."

Del narrowed his eyes at me. "At least I'm not the one pounding murderers."

I smirked. "No, Del. You aren't," My smirk widened. "But see, when I was seven, I stabbed my own father because he hit my mother. Frankly, I didn't even want to kill him. But I ended up being the reason for his death. Whereas you, I wouldn't mind throwing you off a cliff," I laughed softly at his reaction, which included parted lips and widened eyes. "Would you like to see what happens when I actually want to kill someone? Because I guarantee that you'll have a much worse punishment than my father if you ever talk to either Octavia or Murphy like that again. Got it?"

He didn't agree, but he didn't object either. 

"Right, well, off you go," I stated, making an over exaggerated hand gesture to the area outside the smokehouse. He left quickly, and I couldn't help but smile.

Murphy and Octavia had both been trying to contain their laughter. I was glad that I could make someone happy, especially with the situation the three of us were now in.

We continued to talk, mostly insulting Bellamy and the other idiots in the camp, which I found absolutely hilarious. That is, until the fire suddenly got too high. It reached the top beams of the smokehouse, engulfing the entire structure with flames within seconds. 

I had been on the opposite side of the smokehouse, whereas Murphy and Octavia were close to the entrance. Murphy ushered Octavia out, and I followed behind them, only to feel smoke entering my lungs and almost suffocating me. I paused to cough into my sleeve for a mere second, which was a stupid move, seeing how the roof started to collapse a moment later.