Epilogue

June 16th, 2015

:) The song for this is "Tears Of An Angel" by RyanDan. 

Enjoy. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Two

When it was dark, we decided that it was too hard to see, even with the night vision on the gun's spyglasses. So, we rested for a mere few hours, then kept going. We reached the village a few hours later, right as the rain began to pour on us. It was now only spitting, but we were still soaked. Not that it mattered.

"I count twenty-six," Finn stated.

"I got twenty-eight," Murphy said, lowering the gun a little. "These people don't look like warriors, Finn. There's kids, old people. There's nothing big enough here to hold our friends."

"He's right," I muttered, and Murphy glanced at me, surprised that I agreed with him.

"They could be underground.'

Murphy sighed, seeming frustrated with Finn. There was no way we could do this. Finn was too convinced that these people had our friends, but what if they didn't?

"We wait 'til dark. Then we go in."

"We go in?" Murphy asked, shocked at Finn's words. "Finn, we don't even know if our people are here."

"They're here," Finn was determined. "At least, they were when that grounder took Clarke's watch."

"We don't know that for sure," I mumbled.

"What if we're too late, huh?" Murphy asked, being the little pessimist he always is. "They're probably already dead."

"You need to f-" Finn hissed angrily, grabbing Murphy's jacket, when Murphy held up his hands in defense.

"Take it easy," Murphy muttered, while I just glared at them both.

Finn turned back, raising his gun and looking through the spyglass again, then looking back at us. "How much ammo do we have?"

Murphy sighed. "You know, I think I liked you better as a peace maker."

"Me too," I muttered.

It was dark by the time that Finn decided to put his plan into action. At least, we thought he was. He grabbed a torch, and Murphy and I both stared at him in confusion.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered.

"This isn't part of your plan!" Murphy continued.

"I'm changing the plan," Finn said, walking over to a building. He looked into the window. "This is their food," he whispered, then threw it inside.

We ran to the side and hid while the grounders hurried to the building, throwing water into the windows and trying to put out the fire.

"Distraction..." Murphy whispered, smirking. "Not bad."

I didn't find any part of this amusing.

We kept walking around, trying our best to stay hidden, until a grounder came out of a building and shouted a word in the language that the grounder's often used. Finn darted forwards, hitting him on the back of the head with his gun. He didn't do it hard enough to knock him out, but just enough to disorient him.

"We have to go, now!" I said to the both of them.

"We can't," Finn said, grabbing the grounder. "They'll kill our people."