Chapter Four - Only Chance

March 6th, 2015

So... My hands are cramping up. ._. I guess that's what happens when I type up a seven page long chapter in less than an hour. (According to Google Drive, it's 7 pages. xD)

Enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four

I could admit, I was starting to worry about Bellamy. 

He had convinced the rest of the camp to start taking off their wristbands, which worried me. I had a bad feeling as to why he was doing it. How had he gotten onto the drop ship? He couldn't have snuck on himself, the guards would have been controlling every possible entryway. Someone had helped him, but for a price no doubt. What was that price?

Bellamy was afraid that someone from the Ark would come to the ground. That was why he was getting us to take off the bands. 

I watched silently from the top of the hill as Murphy and a few others helped to pry the bands from other people's wrists. It looked painful, seeing how he was digging my knives under the metal and using it like a crowbar. 

Bellamy seemed to be the new leader of the camp. He had never shown traits of leadership before, and yet, he was quite good at it.

They all cheered when a new wristband came off. They were happy that whatever people they had left would think that they were dead. 

I saw Wells walking towards Bellamy, and I took that as my cue to leave.

I felt Murphy and Bellamy's eyes on me as I turned around at the top of the hill, but I didn't look at either of them.

I couldn't wait for Jasper and Monty to get back. Then they can help take my mind off of Bellamy's power trip and Murphy's narcissism. I hoped that the two would return safely. They were going through a radiation soaked forest, who knows what was out there. Maybe I should have gone with them... 

I was encased in my thoughts as I heard everyone start chanting "Whatever The Hell We Want!" repeatedly. They really were idiotic. 

Though I didn't want to admit it, Wells had a point. We would need the people of the ark eventually.

I kept walking, and it took less than a minute for Murphy to run up behind me. "Hey," he said, someway exasperated. "Where are you going?"

When I didn't answer, he sighed loudly. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier."

"Stop saying sorry." I muttered nonchalantly. "It doesn't suit you."

He frowned a little in response, continuing to walk beside me. 

"And I'm going to sleep." I said, refusing to look at him.

"I'll come with you." That stupid smirk began to form on his face again.

"No." I said sternly.

"Why not?" He asked, as if he was actually trying to annoy me.

"Because I don't trust you. And frankly, I don't like you all that much either." I said, hoping that he would get the message.

"And?"

"And you're really starting to piss me off."

"Maybe that's what I wanted to do."

I gritted my teeth in response. "Go away, Murphy."

He chuckled. "We're free down here, remember? You can't tell me what to do."