Chapter Nineteen - Memories

April 25th, 2015

I'm feeling generous. ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nineteen

It was Unity Day. I have to admit, even I was happy that it was. Jaha was talking on the screen, which everyone was now watching, but I wasn't interested. I wasn't a big fan of Jaha, and all he was talking about was the fact that they were coming down. They left us to die, therefore I didn't care what he said.

Miller voiced my thoughts. "Right, after we did all the work. Someone shut him up."

I have to admit, that was probably the first time I actually agreed with that idiot.

"You shut up Miller," Raven said, with as much attitude drenching her voice as before. "No one's forcing you to watch."

I walked over to the tent that Jasper was in, only to stop as a weird mist flowed out of the entrance way. He suddenly walked out with a small barrel, a grin on his face. "Woo! Yeah! Monty strikes again!" He ran down the hill, and I laughed at how excited he was. I wasn't a big drinker, so I didn't really want any.

"Call this batch unity juice!" He began to hand it out to everyone, including the guards that had been at the entrances.

"You first," He grinned as he ran up to me. I smiled and grabbed a cup, waiting as he filled the cup about halfway. I took a long drink, almost taking the entire thing back in one swallow.

He laughed loudly, then continued to distribute the moonshine.

The day went by quickly, and everyone was happy. Even Clarke and Bellamy were getting along well. The only person that didn't seem to be enjoying themself was Raven. I did feel bad for her, seeing how her boyfriend was screwing/possibly in love with Clarke... But then again, I also wanted to beat her senseless. Those burns still hurt like hell.

I decided to go into the drop ship and rebandage myself. I didn't need Clarke. I knew enough about health to know that Raven had burned through almost a layer and a half of my skin. Another few milliseconds with those damn wires on my body and I would have bled out.

I stayed in the corner of the second floor of the drop ship, where one of the tables were. I replaced the small amounts of cloth that I had tied to my wounds, which I was now only using to prevent infection.

When I was done, I was about to leave, but heard someone else come up the ladder. They walked over to the opposite side of the drop ship, and I heard the rattling of metal. They were taking the guns.

I spun around to face them, narrowing my eyes a little. "What are you doing?"

Bellamy turned to look at me, his eyes widening as he did a double take from me then to the guns, then back to me. "I'm going hunting."

"You said we couldn't use the guns for hunting," I said, beginning to get even more suspicious. "We can only use the knives and spears."

"Yeah, well, plans change," He said coldly, walking towards the hatch while carrying the guns.

I moved in front of him, and he glared down at me. "Where are you really going?"

He stared down at me, and I saw his eyes dart to the hatch. We both bolted for it, but unfortunately, he got there first. He was down the ladder in seconds, and he slammed the door shut before locking it.

"Bellamy!" I yelled, trying to yank it open. But it wouldn't budge. He either locked it, or he put something down to hold it. "Damn it! Let me out!"