Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Triple Shot

May 26th, 2015

It's official: Option A. I'm going to finish this story the way I want to, which is just after the second season starts, THEN make a sequel. :) So, yay.

You will all notice a change in Venus after this. I hope you're okay with it. If you're not, then you can take your impatient self right into Mount Weather, thank you very much.

I hope you like it. :) It's LOOOONG. ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Bellamy and I ran as fast as we could, coming out of the exit of the camp, only to be greeted by a bloody battlefield. 

"Run!" We heard Clarke scream. She was looking at the two of us. 

Bellamy reached down, grabbing a gun from the ground.

Bellamy ran ahead, glancing back at me every few seconds to make sure I was alright. But that really wasn't a good idea, because a moment later, Tristan stepped in front and punched him across the face.

Tristan kneed Bellamy in the gut, then continued the merciless beating. I tried to pull Tristan off, but he backhanded me across the face and I hit the ground within a second. I tasted blood in my mouth. He was quite a strong man, and he was bigger than Bellamy, so he had an effect on us both. 

I heard a gunshot, and looked behind me to see Finn. He shot Tristan in the chest. Tristan had jumped slightly as the bullet went into my body, but then acted as if he hasn't even been grazed. 

Finn ran up to Tristan, shoving him down to the ground. I saw Bellamy start to get up, and I took a chance. 

I looked to my right, seeing an ax on the ground. I grabbed it. 

I stood up, running at Tristan as fast as I could. 

He was disoriented, and I had the advantage. 

I placed my foot on his shoulder, using it for leverage, and a moment later, I raised the ax above my head. And using all of the strength I had left, I swung it down, directly at his throat. 

I removed my hands from the ax as I saw Tristan's eyes glaze over, and blood pour down his neck at a rapid pace. 

I heard a ringing in my ears, as if someone had just shot a gun right beside my head. 

I had just killed someone. I hadn't just been the reason for their death, I had killed them myself. 

I was a murderer.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, and another hand wrap around my wrist as the two boys attempted at getting me out of the daze I was in. 

"Ven!" I heard Bellamy shout as I came out of my daze.

"We have to leave, now!" Finn yelled, pulling my arm and dragging me to the open gate.

I looked back to see that the door of the drop ship had closed. They were right, we had to leave now. That thing was about to burn us all if we didn't. 

I finally regained control of my body, and we all ran as fast as we could. 

Bellamy grabbed a gun from one of the dead delinquents, making sure that it was mostly loaded. It had 12 rounds left. He shot at any grounder that came at us.