Chapter Twenty-Four - We All Fall Down

May 11th, 2015

Well. Murphy is back to being his jackass self.

I wanted to share a little song with you guys. It's called "A Little Too Much" by Shawn Mendes. It kind of describes Venus. She acts strong and tough, but inside, she's breaking. You guys should listen to it. :)

This chapter is HUUUUUUGE. Most of my chapters are only 1200 words, but this one is 2200! OMIGAWD.

Okies. Enjoy! :D

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Four

I hadn't spoken to Murphy since last night. I was too busy sitting outside the drop ship, sharpening the many weapons that were left, other than the ones that belonged to Finn and Clarke.

I was beginning to get very, very worried about them. Sure, Finn and Clarke can look after themselves, but they can hardly do that if they are both dead. I prayed that they weren't.

I continued to stroke the weapon blades quickly against the metal, causing small sparks as I did so. I was a little cautious after the sparks began to get more frequent. I was still a little nervous since the fire yesterday. 

About half of the weapons were well-sharpened to the point of near perfection when I heard Bellamy speak from beside me. "Murphy, what the hell are you doing?"

He walked up to the entrance of the drop ship, just as it began to lift. My eyes widened as Bellamy ran towards it, only reaching it when it was too high for him to try to climb in... What the hell?

"Murphy! Murphy! Open the damn door!" He shouted angrily.

I stood up, going beside Bellamy. "Murphy, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled, even more pissed off than Bellamy. He was just let back into the camp, and now he was doing this. 

I was about to yell again, when I suddenly remembered something. "Bellamy... He's gonna... Jasper is in there," I whispered.

"You try to be a hero, Jasper dies!" I heard Murphy yell out, right as the door shut completely.

It was hours later when Octavia ran in through one of the entrances of the camp. She came up to us, glancing at me. "I just heard Murphy has Jasper," she said.

"Yeah," Bellamy said, seeming nonchalant. "South foxhole done?"

"What?" Octavia didn't understand his logic, and neither did I at first, but she didn't know what Raven was up to. "Bellamy, my friend's in there with a killer!" I flinched slightly at her words, but sighed and simply kept listening. 

"O, look around, no one's working. If the grounder's attack us right now, we're all dead."

"Murphy!" Octavia shouted, seeming even more angry than before. "Murphy, if you even TOUCH Jasper, I swear to god you're dead!"

"Octavia!" Bellamy and I both said at the same time. 

"Octavia, I got this!" Bellamy yelled, trying to get her attention. 

Octavia spun around, glaring at Bellamy and I. "Really? 'Cause it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it," she said.

"Octavia..." I sighed, right as Raven walked up to us and spoke with a low voice that was almost a whisper.