Chapter Three - First To Dye

February 26th, 2015

I've had a small amount of writer's block with this story. But don't worry, I'll fix it. :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three

I was on my seventh knife when someone came up behind me. It was the guy that was going to fight Wells. He stood there with his hands in his pockets, staring down at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Can I help you?" I muttered, starting to wrap one of my hands in a piece of my sleeve that I had ripped off earlier. I held the still somewhat warm metal in my covered hand, feeling the heat through the fabric but ignoring it. I began to sharpen the blade, and it moulded to my liking quite well.

"You really like making knives, don't you?" He chuckled.

I sighed. "Of course I do. It's the reason I got locked up. Yeah, I sure like knives." I muttered sarcastically.

He sighed a little. "Sorry."

I raised a brow, turning my head to look up at him. "You don't seem like the type to say sorry."

He smirked. "I'm not. Consider yourself lucky."

I smiled at him. "I'm on earth. I've considered myself lucky for a while now."

The smirk formed into a smile, and he sat down beside me. "I'm John, but you can call me Murphy."

"I'm Venus. Nice to meet you, Murphy." I said, then lifted the knife up so that I was staring at the blade. "Perfect." With that, I handed him the knife, holding onto the blade with the welded cylindrical handle pointed in his direction. "Here."

He grinned, taking the knife and running his finger along the edge. "Thanks."

"Careful." I said, smirking. "I made it sharp."

"Good." He smirked, winking at me before getting up and running off with his buddies.

*

Since the time that the Octavia, Jasper, Monty, Clarke and Finn left, I started to think about the way the rest of the camp was treating Wells. Sure, he was a spitting image of his father in terms of his thoughts, but he didn't kill all of our family members. He didn't lock us up himself. He shouldn't be blamed for his father's actions.

Of course, two guys seemed to think the exact opposite of this.

Murphy and Embege. I had given Murphy that knife earlier, and Embege seemed to be his friend.

They both decided to go up to Wells while he was putting some wood beside the drop ship. I was actually quite upset with Murphy, because he had used my knife to carve into the side of the dropship. That wasn't what it was to be used for. He was even stupid enough to write "First son, first to dye". That was NOT how die is spelled. He really was an idiot.

"Find any water yet?" Murphy asked, his lips slowly pulling up into a smirk.

"No, not yet, but..." Wells stared at Murphy silently for a moment, then finished his sentence. "I'm going back out if you wanna come." He stared at the message that Murphy had carved, a blank expression on his face.

Murphy rubbed his nose slightly, then the smirk disappeared. "You know, my father," He glared at Wells. "He begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him."

Wells walked forwards, shoving past Murphy and walking away.

I walked up to Murphy and Embege, narrowing my eyes at the two of them. "What's wrong with you?"

Murphy raised a brow, while Embege just stared at me looking pissed off.

"You can't blame him for his father's mistakes." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I can. And I will." Murphy said argumentatively.

I glanced down at the knife in his hands, then looked back at him. "Just so you know, my weapons are used for protection. Not carving threatens into the side of a drop ship."

He sighed, obviously getting irritated.

I smiled at him, the smile quickly turning into a smirk as I walked closer to him. He stared down at me, his eyes never leaving mine. "Just so you know..." I paused, then reached up and pressed my fingers into a spot in his shoulder, and his eyes widened. I was pressure pointing him. He was about to sink to the ground, but I held him up. Embege was about to dart forwards and stop me, but I held out my other hand. "Stay back." I muttered before continuing with my previous sentence. "It took four guards to hold me down and sedate me. I would suggest not pissing me off, Murphy. But you'd better watch yourselves, because right now, both of you are doing a damn good job of getting on my bad side." I sent my hand back, Murphy falling back at Embege's feet. His friend quickly tried to help him up, and Murphy glared at me with his jaws clenched.

I smirked, then spun around on my heel and walked away.