Chapter thirteen

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."

"So, where are your parents?", Jemila asks me. We are sitting in the garden with Dante and Luca. There is a beautiful, wide field of grass in front of us with a pool at the end. "My father is away for business, he comes home in about three weeks, I think. My mother went away when I was younger, I don't know where she is", I send her a small smile. The memory of my mother is vague, since she went away around my fourth year of existence. Every time on my birthday, I whish for her to and see me. And every time I am disappointed.

"Well, that sucks. Luckily your man owns a huge ass house where you can live", she jokes. A blush creeps on my cheeks when she mentions the last part. My man. I guess I still have to get used to that. "Jeez, can you shut the fuck up for once", Luca angrily whispers at her. "Both of you, shut up. I am the only one that can swear around her, if you know what I mean", Dante says looking smug. My head turns sideways, and I look at him questionably. "When he fucks you", Jemila whisper-yells. Oh my God. Not knowing what to do, I throw my sweater over my face. They really have to stop embarrassing me or my cheeks will be red forever.

Two strong hands lift me up, making me squeal. "Relax tesoro, it is only me", he murmurs in my ear. I peak from under my sweater and look at his handsome face. Dante sets us down in his chair, with me on top of him. "Aw, look at the two love birds. The big, bad wolf with his little girl", Jemila squeals. Pats. "Ouch, you dickhead. Where was that for?", she whines. Luca rolls his eyes, "you make little one here uncomfortable and you cannot stop swearing". Dante's fingers are running circles on my thigh, while his lips are incredibly close to my neck. I try to move my head a bit to the side, but he will not have any of it. "What is the matter, tesoro? Do you not like the feeling of my lips brushing against your skin?", he whispers against my neck.

Feeling like the most embarrassed creature on earth with Jemila and Luca snickering opposite us, I throw the sweater over my head again. "Can you stop?", I yelp. His chest vibrates from his deep laughter. "I am sorry principessa. I will stop, for now", he kisses the top of my head and throws the sweater off of me. Jemila and Luca are nowhere to be seen anymore, I assume because it was uncomfortable for them either. Then again, I doubt that the two siblings find anything uncomfortable. Dante lifts me up and turns me around so that I am straddling him. With a blush, I look to the ground.

"Look at me", he demands. Slowly, I lift my eyes up to look into his dark, absorbing ones. His hair is a bit ruffled, which makes it looks even better if possible. He is not in his usual suit, but in joggers with a slim-fit shirt. "Do you want to talk about your nightmare?", Dante carefully asks. Nightmare. I almost forgot about that. Little mouse. I flinch at the sound of his voice in my mind. "I am sorry to bring this up princess, but I think it may be helpful to tell someone. Or if you do not want to tell someone you know, maybe a therapist will help", he looks at me sympathetically.

My eyes grow wide at the word therapist. No, not that. Everything but that. He is not sending me away, is he? Maybe he is, maybe I am just a liability for him. And who can blame him? I am only bringing him more stress and troubles. In the name of heavens, why am I feeling sad about him sending me away? He is the one that forced me here in the first place. But still, I cannot shake the feeling I have with him. It is not love yet. I mean, come on. "Amara? Darling, what is wrong?", Dante shakes me out of my personal rollercoaster of thoughts.

"Please do not send me away", I whisper. The urge to cry becomes real when he just stares at me. Tears are just about to spill over, when he starts to talk. "Send you away? Why would you think that tesoro?", Dante looks at me sad. "It is just that- well, he did that w-when he called a therapist", I mumble. The handsome man in front of me just looks at me confused. "Who did?"
My eyes find the ground again, not wanting to answer the question. I already said to much. Now he is probably going to think that I am some crazy person looking for attention. Two fingers lift my chin up. "Look at me. Who did what to you? I need to know what you are talking about tesoro. I promise I won't send you away or think different of you", he kisses my forehead as some sort of assurance.

Taking a deep breathe, I start to talk. "When my mother left us, my father was in a bad place. He started to work a lot to forget about her. Because I was so young, he had our neighbour pick me up form school and to take care of me when my father was working. And then some stuff happened", I pause, "he uhm. H-He touched me". A sob leaves my lips now that everything is coming back to me. I tried to forget. I tried so hard to not be that girl anymore. It just did not work.

Dante engulfs me in his arms, my face pressed against his chest. "What happened after that princess?", he whispers in my ear. I shake my head frantically while bawling my eyes out, "my father didn't believe me. The therapist told him that it was a form of attention seeking where kids told these crazy stories so that their parents will be there more often. And they came to the conclusion to send me away for a while". "Merda, ucciderò questi figli di puttana", Dante curses.

He pushes me up slightly so that he can look at me. "Tesoro, I want you to know that I would never do that to you. What that puttana of a father did to you is unacceptable and they will pay for it. You are moving in here, and that's final. Understood?", Dante gives me a stern look. "You promise you would not do that?", I ask in a small voice. He moves his face close to mine and presses our foreheads against each other. "I promise", he breathes out. I look in his intense eyes and smile softly. He leans in and puts his lips against mine. I feel one hand under my butt, while the other one holds my neck from behind. I move my lips in sync with his, and let me tell you, it feels magical.

"OKAY, enough with the fucking! Let me give my girl a hug!" Dante lifts his head with a growl. Jemila appears out of nowhere with Luca trailing behind her. "Sorry guys, she was very persistent", he shrugs his shoulders. The beautiful, energetic woman is rushing towards me with tears in her eyes. "I am so sorry that happened. We will personally skin everyone involved alive. And never ever, ever think that we will get rid of you", she kisses my forehead. I just sit here wide eyed. They heard everything?

"Jemila, smettila di metterla a disagio", Dante speaks to her. While having no idea of what he just said, Jemila seems to understand and takes a few steps back. "Little one, I did not hear what you talked about, but as my idiota of a sister says: we definitely want you here. And if ever something bad happens, we will kill everyone for you", Luca looks serious. I smile at them, "I really like you guys". Dante growls. I snuggle into his chest, which he happily accepts by hugging his arms around me. His heartbeat under my ear is soothing, almost lulling me to sleep.

"Princess, do you want to go swimming?", Dante murmurs in my ear. "I eh- I cannot swim", I whisper with a red head. Dante hums in response. "Do you want me to learn it to you?", he asks. Nodding my head, I try to stand up. Keyword: try. Dante tightens his hold on me and grumbles something under his breath. "Dante, you will have to let me go in order for me to learn swimming", I giggle. "Hm, I don't want to let you go tesoro." He tucks my head back into his chest. "Dickhead Dante, can you please leave the poor girl to change?", Jemila sighs annoyed. "Do not call me that, Slutmila", he fires back. My hand finds its way to his arm again and slaps him. "Stop calling each other names. That is mean and you may hurt someone", I lecture him.

After some bickering between them, Dante finally let me go to change. I swear, the two fight like siblings. If I did not know any better, I would have thought they were related. I walk into the garden with a bathrobe around me. I am just in time to see Luca throw Jemila into the pool, and for her to pull him with her. I let out a laugh at the sight. "You have a beautiful laugh, principessa", Dante says from behind me. He hugs me and gives me a kiss on my forehead. "Come on, lets go into the water."

I take off my robe and turn to Dante. With a dark look in his eyes, he watches my body. "Oh, you do not know halve of what you are doing to me tesoro", Dante grunts. A blush finds its way on my cheeks again. With a swift movement, he picks me up and I tighten my legs around his torso. "Tell me if you are uncomfortable princess." And with that, he slowly walks us into the water with me clinging onto him.

——
Updated: 14 January 2021

Finally another chapter! I had bit of writers block, so it's just a filler chap. Next one will be more exciting, I promise😘