Chapter six

Luca and I are close to the end of the movie, while we sit against the headboard of Dante's huge bed. He has been very enjoyable. At the beginning it did make me slightly uncomfortable to sit in the same bed with some random guy, but Luca took that all away by making hilarious comments on everything showing on the screen. However, my eyes are drooping close every minute or so.
I have been trying to keep them open for like an hour already, I am surprised I lasted this long.
"You can sleep little one, I have something to do anyway", Luca whispers in my ear.
"B-but the movie is still going", I reply. His green eyes look at me kindly while he smiles, "We can watch it another day. I have to meet Dante now. I will send him up here when we are done". He jumps off the bed, and walks through the door. I give up on trying to stay awake, and let my eyelids close.

My eyes flutter open when I hear someone shuffling in the room. It is completely dark, but I could swear that I heard someone. I turn my head, and let out a scream. Someone is standing next to the bed. From the looks of it, a big man. Not knowing what else to do, I quickly pull the covers over my head. What should I do? Dante isn't back yet, and I can't defend myself even in the slightest. A sob escapes my lip when the cover is thrown off of me. "Tesoro, slow down. It's me, Dante", I hear a masculine voice say. Dante? I take my hands off my face, and look in his direction. I breathe out a sigh of relieve when I see it actually is Dante. The relieve is quickly exchanged with a feeling of shame. He engulfs me in a hug, and goes to sit on the bed with me in his arms.
"Sorry I scared you this much tesoro. I thought you were asleep", he kisses my forehead.
I shake my head, "n-no, sorry for screaming".

I try to crawl off his lap, but he won't let me do so. "You have nothing to be sorry about doll. Also, I would like to explain what happened earlier."
I nod my head and try to sit on my own, but his arms only tighten around me. "Sit still tesoro. I won't bite", he chuckles. "B-but I want to sit on my own", I murmur carefully. He sighs, and puts me on the bed next to him. My eyes suddenly find the mattress very interesting, as I do not dare to look him in his eyes. He scares me a bit. Especially after today.

His hand appears in front of me, and he lifts my head up. His dark orbs have unfamiliar emotions swirling in them when we make eye contact. "As you may have noticed, I am a dangerous man with a dangerous job. Alongside with it, enemies try to follow me everywhere I go with hopes to kill me. There was a stake-out in front of your door when we arrived, I recognised it as a rival family. Having that explained, it comes naturally that you have to stay here for a while", he explains himself.

They are trying to get him killed. What kind of job has he become involved with? I mean, I kind of expected that he did not have a job at the local supermarket. But this is something on a whole other level. And how does it come naturally that I have to stay? It was not part of the deal, and I don't see any harm in staying at my own house. They are clearly after him, not after me. They don't even know me.

"Tesoro, I can practically hear the wheels in your head spinning. Why don't you tell me what is going on in that pretty little head of yours?", Dante's voice comes out huskily. I am shaken out of my train of thoughts, and face him again. "I d-don't see why I have to stay here, I don't even know this people. I want to go home", I say while nervously tapping my finger on my leg. He sighs, "you may not know them, but they know who you are. You were probably seen with me, and now they think of you as my weak spot". I shake my head, and make a move to get out of the bed. Of course, Dante stops me with his arms. He grabs me from behind, and spoons me while laying down.

I try to wiggle my way out of his arms. This is way too intimate for me. I barely held a guy's hand, and now he wants me to lay in bed with him? "Let go of me", I protest. "Tesoro if I were you, I would stop wiggling your butt on my dick", he sounds strained. With a face as red as a tomato, I halt my movements. "I want to go home", I repeat. Dante just sighs, "well, you can't. Not until I can assure your safety". Why does he care anyway? I am just some girl that randomly walked in on him pulling a gun. It will probably work in his favour if I am murdered. "Go to sleep now, tesoro."