Chapter seven

"If you don't heal what hurt you, you will bleed on the people that didn't cut you"

The familiar path greets me as Gio parks his car in my street. My father's car is still gone, and frankly I don't expect him to come back soon. Not until at least a few days at least. Which is actually really convenient for me this time, because surely he would freak out if he knew that I'm staying with a bunch of guys that shoot around like it's nothing.

"Okay, listen to me Amara. There is still a stake-out in your street, but it is likely that they won't do anything right now", Gio looks dead serious while he talks. I hum, "why exactly are they here if they're not doing anything? A-and why can't I just go home then?". I mean if they're harmless I could just go home.
Gio shakes his head, "they are watching you, because of us. Or better, because of Dante. We are just going to go inside really quick, but I need you to listen to every command I give. Understood?". I nod my head silently.
"Words darling." "Understood", I shyly mutter.
God, Dante and he act so much alike. I can see how they are related.

We hop out of the expensive car and start walking to my front door. I have to admit, the nerves are actually getting to me now. Although I am being let in the dark, this whole situation gives off dangerous vibes. I look up at Gio, who sends me a reassuring smile. "Okay, stay behind me and watch the street for any inconveniences", he tells me. The smile from a minute ago is replaced with a dangerous look on his face. Gio looks like he turned off his humanity and became a stone cold man in a matter of seconds.

My eyes wander to the street behind us, looking for something unordinary. Strangely, everything looks just the same as that it normally does. Not one person in sight. Is this all a trick from Dante so that I would stay with him? I sure hope not, because I will be gone in seconds if that is true. Unless he threatens you with the boy of course. "Come on. We don't have all day, mia regina", Gio mutters. Again, what's up with the name Regina?

My eyes find their way back to the front again, and fall on an inpatient-looking Gio. With a slight blush formed on my cheeks, I stumble clumsily towards him. "Sorry", I squeak. He opens the door and walks inside. As soon as we enter, his hand goes to the waistband of his pants and pulls out a gun. My eyes grow wide after seeing this. "G-Gio? Why do you have that?", I nervously ask. My feet automatically take a few steps back. I have never been a fan of guns and violence. In fact, it scares me a bit. Is he going to shoot me? Gio looks back and curses at the looks of me.

"Darling, calm down. It is just a safety measure. If something goes down, I need to be able to protect you and myself", he states in a calm manner. I nod and move my trembling legs towards him. Well, I guess I have to trust him on this. "O-okay. We need to take the stairs and then the first door on the left. That is where my room is", I tell him. We are standing in my living room, and something feels off. Suddenly, my whole house is giving me an eerie vibe of some sorts. I look around while walking behind Gio, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Shrugging my shoulders, I continue to make my way upstairs with Gio.

We arrived on top of the stairs, and I gesture which door he needs. He opens my bedroom door, and stops in the doorway. "Amara, don't move", he growls. I furrow my eyebrows, what is in there? Ignoring his demand, I go stand next to him. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me. My whole room is torn apart. Every drawer, every shelf, every piece of clothing is on the floor. Someone has been here, and I know for sure that it's not me or my dad.

An icing feeling runs through my body when I hear something squeak. Behind me. My trembling body freezes and tears are sitting on the rim of my eye, waiting to fall down. "G-Gio", I whisper. Gio is quick to turn around, and he pulls me behind him. He has a hard, emotionless look on his face. He has my face pressed in his back so that I can't see anything, but that only makes me more terrified. Is someone in my house? We should have listened to Dante and stayed there. I'm not ready to die. I haven't even had the chance to eat hotdogs yet.