Chapter two

I open the front door to my house, and get inside rapidly.
A breath that I did not realise I was holding in escapes my lips. What the heck did just happen?
"What are you doing home so early?", a voice sounds from behind. Great, now you pay attention? The first time I wish you did not, and you decide to do it. And fudge! I totally forgot about school. Oh no, I missed my first day. Now how will I have any chance to make a friend? None.

I turn around and face my dad, "they let us go home after the introduction". He hums, and walks away. Sad, but in this situation very fortunate. I still cringe at the lie I told him. That's not like me, I don't lie. Oh well, it's not like he cares anyway. Just as I am about to grab my bag, I realise it is still in Dante's car. My eyes widen. All my school supplies are in it, and I need them tomorrow. Luck really is on my side today. I roll my eyes to myself. If only you were not stupid enough to go into that stupid house. But then the boy would be dead right now. I still can't believe someone can be so cruel. The look on their faces told me this is not the first time they did something like that. One of them was smiling. Smiling. How on earth can you do things like that with a smile on your face? I take off my shoes, and walk into the kitchen. Seeing as it is almost lunch time, I open the fridge to make something to eat. Dang it, dad forgot to run errands again. Sighing, I decide to eat some cornflakes that are sitting on the counter. Grabbing the bowl, I go sit at the table to eat.
Around half an hour later, my cornflakes are gone. Deciding to go to my bedroom, I walk up the stairs and open the door on my left. My bed looks really comfortable right now. I lay down on it, and let my eyes close. Never realised I was this tired until now.

"Amara?", a faint knock is heard.
"Amara, honey? Can I come in?"
A groan comes out of my mouth as I mumble a soft yes. Dad comes in, dressed in a suit. That only means one thing: business. "Honey, I need to go to a business dinner. I take it you will be fine on your own?", he asks.
As if he didn't do this like a hundred times before. "I will manage", I answer. "Good, I will see you tonight."
And with that he walks downstairs, leaving me by myself. My alarm clock reads six o'clock.

Another groan leaves my lips, as I pull myself up and get out of bed. I grab a pair of fresh clothes, then walk to the bathroom. The mirror shows me what a mess I am. It's actually worse than I originally thought. My hair looks like it exploded, and my eyes are still puffy from just waking up. Not a pretty sight. While turning the shower on, I strip myself of clothes and get underneath the warm water stream. After doing a swift wash of my hair and body, I rinse it out. While normally being in the mood to shower for half a day, I turn it off after ten minutes now. I turn the knobs, and start to dry myself. Time to get something to eat. Hopefully, he left me something, probably not though. I clothe myself in some sweatpants and a t-shirt, and go downstairs.

-

I laugh along with the tv, before looking at the clock. It is a quarter before ten currently, and I have been postponing the call since forever now. It got so bad, that my stomach is turning. I really do not want to call him. But I have to. For the boy, and to get my school supplies back. I doubt dad will buy me new ones if I ask. He would probably just go on and on about not having a money tree in his backyard. The only story probably every child on the planet hears about once a month. Which immediately makes it the most annoying one. I let out a loud sigh, and unlock my phone. My finger makes its way to contacts. It's not a long search for his name, seeing as there are only five more contacts in my phone. Four of them being my family, which makes it a bit more pathetic if possible.

I chuckle to myself. Gosh, he saw that too. Not that it matters what he thinks, it's not like I am going to like him. Three, two, one. I press the call button, and squeeze my eyes shut instantly. Please do not pick up your phone. Please do n- "Hello love, took you a while", his deep, dominant voice is heard on the other side of the line. "Hi", I squeak. He chuckles, "what are you doing?". A blush forms on my face. I'm just glad that he's not here to see it. "Just watching some tv", I reply with a soft tone. "Sounds nice, what are you watching?"
"Gilmore Girls, but I don't think you know it."