Chapter three

"That was it for today class. Don't forget to bring your homework tomorrow, no excuses", the teacher ends his class. Finally. As expected, there isn't any protentional friends in my class. But on the plus side, they don't even notice me. So bullying is out of the picture too. I put my books in my bag again, and hoist it over my shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Amara", the teacher bids me goodbye.
"See you tomorrow", I smile. My teachers aren't so bad as most people would describe them. They're actually pretty nice. I point my focus on the floor to avoid any awkward eye contact, and walk outside to the parking lot.

I squint my eyes to search for the blue sportscar, but I can't see it anywhere. My phone tells me it's only five minutes past three, so Dante will probably be here in a few. I let my eyes wander around the parking lot. Many kids have their own car. There's a few taking the bus or getting picked up by someone, but not a lot of them. Most of the time I'm here for about two minutes before going home, so I have no idea where to wait. Maybe he went in a different car. At the boy's house he rode a black SUV. Or should I just walk home? But I don't want the boy to get in trouble because of me, and he seemed pretty serious about me waiting for him. Maybe I should just text him. If he doesn't answer in half an hour, I will leave. I shrug my shoulders, that seems reasonable.
Amara: Are you here already? I don't see you anywhere.
Sighing, I go sit on the bench I just spotted. I really should have brought my coat, it's actually colder than it was this morning.

-

I let out a yawn, and look at my phone. Oh lord, I have been sitting here for two hours already. Why do I always lose track of time? Probably because you've dozen off a few times. Maybe that wasn't the smartest move either. I look at my phone, but Dante still hasn't sent anything. Prick. I shudder from coldness, and grab my bag. I guess I will just go home by myself. Looking around me, I notice that I'm the only one left here. The fact that it's fall doesn't make this situation any better either, seeing as it's getting dusk already. Another yawn escapes my lips, and I start walking. I really don't feel comfortable by walking home in the dark, so I have to be a bit faster than usual.

Every once in a while I check my phone. I don't know why, it's not like it matters to me if he stood me up or not. But what if he gets mad at me for not waiting? I want the boy and his mother to be save. I can't stop thinking of his poor face, tears rolling off his cheek. He looked so terrified.
Dante doesn't seem like the type of man you want to argue with. Mostly because he won't argue but shoot you.
"Hey, Amara right?" I turn to the source of the voice behind me. Two guys who look around thirty are standing there. "How do you know my name?", I ask confused. They smirk at each other, "does it matter how we know it?".
Okay, they're creeping me out. One of them has like really yellow teeth, and the other one has some type of bottle in his hands.  "W-well, I need to go now. Sorry", I stammer.

I turn around to walk away, but they grab me from behind. "You're not going anywhere. Tell me, how well do you know Dante?", the hot breath of the guy is breezing my ear. Gross. "Not so well. Please let me go", my bottom lip wobbles.
They laugh, which causes me to sob. "Very well, then you will come with us."
"No, pl-", my pleading is cut short by some towel pressed against my face.
Oh God, I think I read about this in books where they drug the character. Panic is seeping through my body as I trash in his arms. This can't happen to me.
"Chill the fuck out, bitch. Just breath the damn stuff in", he grumbles. I'm running out of breath now. The guy behind me digs his nails into my side, which causes me to breath the drug in. My eyes start to droop, but not before I notice two headlights coming our way.

-

Holy moly, my head hurts. A groan leaves my mouth as I open my eyes slowly. What in heavens name did I do to have such a bad headache? I blink my eyes open, and see that I'm laying on my bed. Wait, wasn't I walking home from school? I frown confused.
"Hello, love. I see that you're as confused as I am. For different reasons though. Weren't you supposed to wait for me to get you?"