Chapter eight

I wake up with a jolt and rub the sleep out of my eyes. After blinking a few times, the events are rushing back at me. The man's face is printed in my mind. What if Dante wouldn't have been there in time? I should have followed his order to stay home. The door of Luca's bedroom opens. Dante comes walking in and looks at me. "Tesoro, I should not have yelled at you like that", he says while walking towards me.

The dangerously handsome man sits on the edge of the bed and runs his hand up and down my leg. The action is causing a slight blush on my face. "But, you should have listened to me. I don't care whose idea it was, but I made it very clear to you both that you couldn't leave the house", he says with a stern tone. A feeling of shame washes over me. He told me that there was some sort of enemy in front of my house, and even though I am still unsure of what is going on, I knew it was dangerous.

"I am sorry", I mumble whilst looking at the ground. Two large fingers are lifting my chin up, making me look at him. "How do you feel? About the attack I mean", he looks me in the eye. I shrug my shoulders, not wanting to talk about it. I don't want to have a mental breakdown like yesterday with Luca. What would Dante think of me? He probably sees me as a little baby already. I hear him sigh, "tell me. What exactly happened tesoro?".  

I move to the other side of the bed and pull the blanket over me. Not being able holding back a sob anymore, I sniffle a bit. Why couldn't people just leave me alone? "Hey, hey, hey. Tesoro shh, talk to me", Dante says. The bed dips in behind me, and I feel him engulfing me in a hug from behind. The loving action causes even more tears to fall, and before I know it, I am a sobbing mess again. Dante runs his hand through my hair a couple of times, which makes me calm down a bit.

"What is going on in that pretty little head of yours, il mio bambina?", his deep voice sounds concerned.
"It was so scary", I sniff, "they all had guns, and this man wanted too touch me". His finger rubs small circles on my skin.
"I know baby. Tell me, did that man do anything to you before I got into the room?", he grits out. I shake my head.
"Only my shirt up", I mumble.

"Come here", Dante says. I turn around, and look into Dante's dark orbs. He sits up straight a bit and motions me to come. I send him a questioning look. Dante chuckles, "on my lap of course". His smile is beautiful. It's like mesmerizing how a simple smile can change the whole demeanour of a person. My eyes grow wide at his statement. There is no way that I'm going to sit on this man's lap while being in bed. What in heavens name am I doing anyway? Laying in bed with a stranger. A beautiful, older stranger at that. I can only imagine how my father would react to this.

I am still staring at Dante as if he is a lunatic when he pulls me on his lap and lays me down on him like a koala beer.
"W-what are you doing?", I ask shyly. "God, you are too innocent for your own good. Have you never laid on someone's lap before tesoro?", he chuckles. I shake my head, "why would I do that?". Dante hums, "You are right, you shouldn't. Except for me of course". I don't think I am supposed to lay on his lap either, but I can't help but think of how nice it feels. He makes me feel weird when he is this close to me.

I should be in school right now. Oh no, I totally forgot about school. As much as I hate going, I still want to get a diploma. I sit up straight, which causes me to straddle Dante. A crimson blush appears on my face, and I squirm under his dominating gaze. "God bambina, please keep still for your own sake", he frowns. Confusion feels me, didn't he want me sitting on his lap?

I make movement to get off of him, but his steady hands pull my hips back down. "What do you think you're doing?", he questions. "Getting of your lap? I thought that was what you wanted", I murmur. He raises his eyebrows.
"You can always sit on my lap, tesoro", he winks. A weird feeling is washing over me. He acts so... lovely. It actually makes me feel jittery, and I am a little scared to admit that. I simply cannot have a crush on him. He is a fair share of years older.
Besides, I have never had a crush on someone before.