Chapter fourteen

The chirping of the birds outside wakes me along with the soft wind breezing through the window. The light curtains dance along with it in its rhythm. My attention draws to the ticking of the clock on the wall, which tells me it is midway morning. I have never been a fan of mornings, but that mostly had to do with school. School. I should probably mention that to Dante again. The past two weeks, I have missed too much already. On the other hand, with the emotional rollercoaster it was a relieve not to have any other responsibility to worry about.

It has been four days after that emotional day happened at the pool, and Dante has been sweeter to me than I ever could have hoped for. The nightmares have come to a stop too, but Dante still thinks I should see a therapist. I just feel like I am not ready for that right now, so I said I will think about it. He has given me my own room at his house, for which I am really glad. I really like him, but I doubt I am ready to sleep with him every night. To great disappointment of him of course.

A series of loud knocks on my door sounds through my room, along with whispered bickering. Ah, must be Dante and Jemila, I giggle in myself. The two can never resist the urge to call the other one out. "Amara, can we come in?", Dante asks through the door. "Bitch, we are coming in! Cover up your tits and be prepared!", Jemila yells. Seconds later, the door bursts open with the three of them standing in behind it. "Good morning", my morning voice croaks out.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", they all yell with grins on their faces. I sit up straight in bed and a smile lights up my face. "Thank you, guys", I giggle. Dante is the first one to step into my room and goes to lay down next to me. He grabs me by the back of head and pecks me on the lips. "Happy birthday, my sweet principessa", he whispers. I look in his eyes longingly, "thank you, Dante". His eyes twinkle at the sound of his name coming out of my mouth.

"Okay, enough. There is a child in the room, guys", Jemila points at Luca. Luca frowns and sticks his tongue out, "you are the only child I see". My eyes wander off to Dante again, who rolls his eyes while smiling at me. "Relax, we are not really into fucking with an audience anyways", Dante winks. Oh my heavens, he did not just say that. "You guys fucked already?", Jemila squeals. "Jesus Christ people, too much information", Luca grumbles with a smile. The crimson colour is taking over my face again. "Guys, stop it. We did not do such thing", I squeak while hiding my face in Dante's chest.

His body vibrates from laughing. "Relax princess, they would have heard us for sure if it was the case", Dante teases. Okay, my ears cannot manage this anymore. "Dudes, stop it. You are making Amara uncomfortable and I am not too fond of this convo either", Luca pitches in. Thank you, Luca. "Sorry princess", Dante ruffles my hair. Now that the most awkward conversation has come to an end, I sit up against the wooden headboard again. A package is put in my hand by Dante, who looks more nervous than anyone will probably ever see him. "This is for you, tesoro", he smiles softly.

My fingers find their way to the ribbon on the blue box and pull the lid off. Wow. I am perplexed to see such magnificent jewellery inside. Probably because I did not expect Dante to have great taste in woman stuff. Inside is a beautiful silver, thin bracelet. It is lined with blue, leave-like diamonds. With tears brimming my eyes, I look at the handsome man next to me. He has the most worried look on his face. "It is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever gotten for me, Dante."
A relieved look takes over his worried features and a smile creeps on his face. "Glad to hear that you like it, my principessa", he pecks me on the lips.

After I unwrapped the presents Jemila and Luca gave me, we all went downstairs to eat. Jemila gave me a beautiful photo-frame with a picture of us hanging out in it, along with a bottle of wine to Dante's dismay. Especially when she mentioned the first time we met each other and how we should do that again. I could not help but laugh at the face Dante and Luca gave her when she said that. Should have took a picture of it and put that in the frame lol. Luca gave me this whole collection of movies to watch, for which I am so excited. I love movies more than anything.