Chapter twelve

"You cannot stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf."

"Did you like your food tesoro?", Dante asks me. His dark orbs are looking straight at me. I nod my head enthusiastically. "Yes, it was incredibly good. Your mother has great talent in owning a restaurant too", I compliment. In the short few minutes that I met his mother, I was already sold. The woman was so kind-hearted, I doubt that she can hold a grudge towards anyone. "Yes, she does. I am glad you liked it", Dante smiles at me. He looks really pretty when he smiles. "Come on, we are going home", Dante says.

He parks his golden sportscar, and we get out. Dante raises his thick eyebrows and sends me a stern look. "What is it?", I question him. "Principessa, you should let me open your door next time", Dante chuckles. What is it with men and opening doors? I mean, I can open a door myself you know. But I guess it is nice of him to want to do it. "Sorry, I just thought I would spare you the effort", I mumble. Dante just chuckles in return and places his hand on my lower back. "You deserve all the effort I can give you, so don't worry about that. I had a really good time tonight, tesoro", his hoars voice sounds in my ear. A bright, red blush spreads on my cheek, "I had too. Thank you for taking me out".

We walk in a comfortable silence through the entrance of his house. Dante's arm distracts me from anything else. I never have been so close with a man, emotionally and physically. Dante seemed so dangerous a first, and so terrifying. While in reality, he is the kindest person that I have ever met in a while. One of the few that takes the effort in getting to know me. Although, I really have to ask him what he does for a living. Criminal ties are the first things that come to my mind, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I do not know what to think of this whole situation when I still wonder about the day we met. And the fact that his so called 'enemies' are lurking around my house. a shiver runs through me when I think of that scary man. Little mouse he called me.

I have no time to feel sad as a loud scream is heard when we walk through the door. "Amara! There you are! I thought that the big wolf had eaten you." My eyes follow the direction of the voice, and land on a grinning Jemila. Immediately, a smile forms on my face. "Hey, y-you are still here", I stumble. With the guys getting so angry at her, I would have thought she left already. The beautiful woman now stands in front of us with a smirk on her face. "Yeah, duh. Like these boys will ever get rid of me", she rolls her eyes playfully. "Believe me, I tried", Dante mutters under his breath. "Dante!", I gasp. That is so rude. Jemila is one of the kindest person I met. We actually had a very great time last night.

"What? The woman is agitative as fuck", he rolls his eyes. My eyes grow wide. "I am so sorry, p-please don't think t-that I think of you like that", I rush out embarrassed. How can he be so rude? I do not want my only 'friend' to go away because of his insolent behaviour. Jemila cackles, "girl, your man is always rude. You are actually the only person with whom he is not actually. Anyways, what do you think about a girl's night? Tonight". My eyes grow wide. A girl's night? Me? I am practically squealing on the inside. "I would really love that", I reply enthusiastically. I never had a girl's night before. But from the movies I assumed that it includes lots of food, movies and games.

I look at Dante in anticipation. Maybe he wants the date to go on further. He rolls his eyes, "go have your girl's night". I let out a squeal, out loud this time. And before I know it, I hugged him. "Thank you", I smile. His muscled arms tighten around me, and he holds me in an iron grip. "Anytime, tesoro", Dante whispers in my ear. Oh God, I am hugging him. Never has a hug felt so nice and warm as this one. A blush forms on my face and I try to pull back. This only causes Dante to tighten his grip around me as he speaks, "but no drinking". He emphasizes on the Jemila sighs, "okay you boring aged one".