Chapter 22 The Great Conquests

In the far north, beyond the see, there is a dangerous continent covered in ice and snow. Continent where blizzard will shred your skin and rip your flesh. Beasts of this land are ferocious and more powerful then the ones on the central continent. Six hundred years ago when for the first time Baharut Empire's ships came to this land, people on those ships have called this new continent, Norska.

At first, explorers didn't saw this continent as suitable for their people to live here. There were almost to none plants and the only that wanted to grow here was moss, other similar, and some weird tress without leaves. But after some time they have found it. Treasures of the ground, iron, gold and many jewels were found under the surface. After information came back to the main land, many more travelers and even soldiers came here to protect new mines that appered along the coast of the Norska. Trade grew on the continent and many more people cam there looking for new life, but then the blizzard came....

Once a 20 years to the continent comes giant blizzard that has absorbed magic from unknown source. This blizzard not only destroys everything on it's path but also lures big and powerful creatures to it that feed on it. Almost all colonies were destroyed and millions people died. Almost all, one stood in the face of the blizzard and survived. Humans from this village didn't get any kind of help from it's kingdom so it rebelled and after two hundred years, continent was dominated by tribes of now not humans but something more, Norse man. Humans that have adapted to the rough climate and to the blizzards. They even tamed some of the beasts and used them in the wars that tires had between each other. 'Strong survive and weak dies. Strong rules and weak serve.' That was main rule in Norska. 

And now, after four hundred years. New power comes to Norska looking for land, manpower and resources. In the lead of this army that is suppose to unite Norse man under one flag is...

Cocytus.

{Norska}

In on of the lesser blizzards a hulking figure slowly marches.

"My Emperor gave me a mission. I am to conquers this savages and untie them under The Sith Empire. Iron of this land will be used in making of weapons, gold will be used to bribe nobles and other humans to betray their masters and after their utility is exhausted, kill them. And those vicious men of this land will be used as army that will strike fear into Empire's enemies. That is my Emperor's will and I will complete it."

Cocytus march forward into the blizzard looking for any signs of humans living here. Behind him in a formation travels his elite warriors, Ice Guardians. Their body made of ice and rock, almost as tall as him but just as agile and quick. 

[Not mine

[Not mine. Go to website in the corner.}

Then a deep, voice boomed from the side.

"General."

Cocytus turn his head and saw one of his soldiers standing next to him. He replied to him with a huff.

"Yes?"

"Dogs came back from the reconnaissance and they said that there is a village nearby. There is almost to no defenses and they saw only small horse patrol riding through the blizzard around the village. Due to the low visibility they didn't saw anything else besides a little dock that connects to the river and has one longboat in it."

"I see. How far is it?"

"About 5 miles away from our current position."

"We came here day ago and didn't saw any human settlement at all. Now our missions starts, go tell troops to prepare. Use your ice magic to capture as many humans as you can. We need slaves that will build us a base of operation here in Norska."

Ice Guardian salute to Cocytus and went back to the troops.

"Blizzard is passing."

As he said that, blizzard slowly started to drop and he could see in a distance a small village next to a river. 

"Now, we begin our mission. For the Emperor!"

Cocytus's voice boomed in the snow plain, followed by shouts and roars of his troops. Soon, north will fall under The Sith Empire influence, just like will south and the Great Lake will. 

{South Part The Great Lake}

On the south part of the wetlands are living tribes of the Lizardmen. There are five tribes, Green Claw, Dragon Tusk, Red Eye, Small Fang and Razor Tail. Those five tribes live on  the same territory fighting from time to time over food or resources. For now there is a truce between them from the last war between all tribes that lead to destruction of two tribes, Yellow Speckle and Sharp Edge. But will tribes untie in face of danger? Will they unite in face of the Great Hunt...

First to feel the dread of The Sith Empire and see the army of beastmen is tribe Small Fang. Inside the village you can still hear shouts of pain and dread. Beastmen hungrily rip apart the lizardmen as they didn't eat yet after a long march from Nazarick. Huts are destroyed and no one old or young, male or female, all were killed and eaten. 

In one of the still standing huts is Khazrak that is looking at the map of The Great Lake and is deciding where to attack next. Then Malagor came into the hut. He is second to Khazrak, as he is his healer and advisor.

"Leth."

Khazrak glanced at bowing Malagor. 

"Hmph, what do you want Malagor. I am busy."

"I just wanted to inform you that village is pacified, all lizardmen in it were either eaten or enslaved."

"Good. Let troops rest for now until we march further into wetlands and attack another tribe. Also remember to leave the message."

"As you wish, but before I go I have a question."

Khazrak sighed but fully turned to Malagor.

"Yes?"

"Why our lord wants to gain full control of this lake? And why doesn't he want us to enslave all of the lizardmen but kill off 1/3 of it?"

"And why should I answer you, Malagor? Those are secret information given to be by the Allfather."

"Well, I was just wondering if that was Allfather's idea or again one of yours? If I may speak, killing so much of those lizardmen is quite stupid."

Khazrak's hoof hit the ground in anger.

"That was Allfather's plan. And as long as I am the Beastlord of this herd, we will do as he orders. I know that you want to take my place but that won't happen."

Khazrak began to growl at Malagor whom stood up as well. They began to circle around each other waiting for good time to strike. But that didn't happen as horn was blown inside the ruins of village.

"What is that?"

Replied Malagor as he looked out of the hut.

"Those must be those lizard hunters that were out of the village. Let meet them. And remember, I am The First General of The Sith Empire, not you."

Malagor huffed but bowed down to Khazrak, showing his submission. After that both went out and again. Sounds of battle were heard in the village.

Khorne ordered Khazrak and his war heard to conquer The Great Lake as it had strategic value. Having the lake under his rule he could use it to transfer resource from south to north part of the Re-Estize. That will allow for quicker conquest of the kingdom as even more rivers come from the lake further into the kingdom. 

It's only the beginning of it but conquest of the new world begins. Both Khazrak and Cocytus will be remembered as those that were leaders of the first Great Conquests that tell about how The Great Lake and Norska fell under the rule of The Sith Empire. With the resurces and manpower of Norska, slaves from The Great Lake. Slowly, war machine will start and Re-Estize will fall, followed by the whole world.