Chapter 24 Blood Lizardmen

Shasuryu shouted as his body twisted in pain. His eyes began to glow with a dim, green light. His muscles grew, his scales hardened and became thicker and his fangs became sharper. When he finally stopped trashing around he looked up at his brother, Zaryusu, and growled. Zaryusu's eyes widen in disbelief and shock at what happen to his brother. Suddenly Shasuryu pounced on him, his jaws wide and ready. Zaryusu froze not knowing what to do, he can't kill his brother can he?

It was Zenberu who pushed Zaryusu back and jumped in front of Shasuryu, his more armored and bigger arm blocked mad lizard's jaws. 

"Zaryusu! Get hold of yourself! Take Plant Monster and get back to the village! They need you!"

Zaryusu glanced towards the villager and saw how beastman run through the gap in the fortifications. All warriors that they fought with are either dead or enslaved, just like rest will be. Zaryusu looked to the ground before he looked towards the chief of Razor Tail, Kyuku Zuzu. 

"Chief Kyuku! Help Zenberu!"

Kyuku twirled his double sided spear around and smacked Shasuryu with it, making him let go of Zenberu's arm.

"Go, young chieftain! And make sure that our kin will survive!"

Zaryusu nodded to him and turned to Crusch.

"Let's go!"

Both of them then jumped on Rororo and darted towards the villager where now main battle is now taking place.

Zenberu's glance followed them before they got closer to the village. then he looked towards Shasuryu, before his ally now his enemy. He sighed deeply, mourning loss of a great leader and warrior, but now he has take his life in name of his kin survival. He took his position next to Kyuku who was already in his stance.

"Amuse me, lizards!"

Shouted Malagor, who was still hovering in the air, grinning. Shasuryu charged at Zenberu and Kyuku, who charged back at him. Zenberu lifted his giant arm ready to attack.

[Natural Steel Weapon] !

Zenberu's claws began to shine with his Ki, hardening them to the state of metal. He slashed downwards, cutting Shasuryu's scales and skin, but that didn't stop the mad lizard, his rage and maddens and feral instincts that took over made him ignore the pain and attack. Even with a huge cut on his torso he jumped up to Zenberu and bit on his left shoulder ripping the arm off. Kyuku who again helped him slashed at Shasuryu. He was sent back falling to his back.

Zenberu crouched down and cursed at loss of his arm as Kyuku stood in front of him. Suddenly sound of shock escaped Kyuku's mouth. Zenberu looked up and towards Shasuryu, his eyes going wide.

"W-What is he?"

Kyuku asked in disbelief. Shasuryu was devouring Zenberu's ripped off arm and healing his damage at rapid pace. 

"No lizardman can do such thing....What did you do to him?!"

Zenberu shouted towards Malagor who simply laughed.

"I changed him to something stronger, something that will be useful to Allfather, something that all of you will become! Hahahahah!"

Rororo roared at beastmen that stood around them. After they charged here, Zaryusu and rest of the surviving warriors were able to gather everyone, trying to flee. But their way was blocked by beastmen. Crusch stood behind Zaryusu and trembled.

"Zaryusu, what now?"

He looked around trying to look for a opening which they can run, his legs slowly giving out as the was becoming more and more tired. Blood running down his head, he took a deep breath trying to calm down.