Chapter 16 Missing

{Cave in Azerlisia Mountains}

Shalltear looked at him surprised, in a moment she stood up and aimed her hand at him ready to attack him with a spell. Even with a vampire ready to kill him, Brain looked at her unamused and simply sat next to bonfire. Shalltear didn't move from her spot and still was glaring at him.

Brain: "sigh" You know, it's not that I don't enjoy the view but, it's cold so I would cover myself up if I were you.

Shalltear: Huh? "looks down"

When she looked down she immediately fall on the ground and covered herself with blanket. And with big blush she glared at Brain.

Shalltear: "angry" What did you do with my clothes?!

Brain: Huh? They are on rock next to you. "smirk" You aren't blind, are you?

She looks to the left and see her clothes nicely folded waiting for her. With last glare and a huff she grabs them and goes to more private part of cave and she dressed there. When she finished she sat in front of him, on the other side of bonfire. Her hair, still undone, were shining in the light from the fire. While Brain was eating fish that he cooked on the bonfire she was still looking at him. Halfway through the meal, he looked at her and with a sigh asked.

Brain: Are you hungry? 

Shalltear: Why...?

Brain: Huh?

Shalltear: Why did you helped me? I was trying to kill you!

Brain: What am I supposed to say? That it was my duty to help any maiden in need?

Shalltear: Yeah right. I know who are you and what kind of man are you.

Brain: Oh really? "smirk" Then what kind of man am I?

Shalltear: You are someone that won't do anything if there nothing for him in it.

Brain: "chuckle" Well, you know me very well. To be honest with you I thought that maybe if I rescued you from those soldiers maybe your master would pay me a good amount of money. 

Shalltear: No, you want something different, I can fell it. You don't want money, what you want is power. 

Brain: So, can I ask you a question now?

Shalltear: It's only fair that you ask me now. So, what is it? 

Brain: Why you don't kill me now? With your strength you can snap my neck in a blink of eye. 

Shalltear: You're right but I know that you aren't stupid. I wouldn't just take a True Vampire with myself just to be killed. Somehow, I don't know how, you can tell that yesterday all of my mana and strength were depleted and now, I'm almost defenseless.

Brain: Huh. Yeah, your right. I won't tell you everything but my skill is able to drain mana from everything that I chose. When I took you here, and just to be sure I checked. And it's just like you said.

Shalltear: (It seems that all of my mana was used to protect my body and mind from damaging in that attack.)

Shalltear started to recall what happen yesterday. From a fight with Brain to be struck by something like lighting bolt from that old woman. She didn't know what happen but once she will return to Nazarick she must talk with Khorne.

Brain: Hey, I have an idea.

Shalltear: Huh?

Brain: Why don't we start all over again? My name is Brain Unglaus, one of the best swordsman in Re-Estize and maybe even the world.