⇻Make it⇺

Minutes passed by, but they felt like hours, Minho wasn't back yet and the doors will start to close in minutes. I look at Newt, his eyes focused on the maze infront of us. I am still holding his hand, trying to calm him, to make him feel better, in a way also trying to find comfort for myself too. His hands are big, rough and strong, they had to become accustomed to the work the he often does at the gardens, but at the same time somewhat soft. I hold his hand to let him know that I am here for him, he holds my hand for the same reason. Minho wasn't back yet, why wasn't him? So many possibilities, all of them more terrifying that the one before. Minho, where are you? All of the gladers are surrounding the huge stone walls, waiting, hoping, nervously asking the runners that arrived if they had seen Minho, what time it was, pacing around, or sitting down just staring to the distance like Newt and I. Hoping, not daring to ask any questions, not daring to wonder any what ifs. But what if he didn't make it... No, I won't think about that. He is going to make it. He has to.

"Are you ok?" I turn my head and look at Newt, who is staring at me with worry in his eyes.

" Yeah, why?" I say after I stop bitting my lip, I hadn't realized that I was bitting it... Newt brings his finger to my lips and looks into my eyes, when he moves the finger away there is blood on it.

" You are bleeding" he says, as he cleans the blood on his finger in the grass

" I guess I am a bit nervous" I say, trying to hide all my worry.

"I know" Newt says as he sits closer to me, he squeezes my hand and says what I've repeating myself for at least 50 times. "He is going to make it" I look at him, and look for conviction in his brown chocolate eyes, but I see none. I nod and rest my head on his chest. I ask myself two last questions, Am I ever going to see him again? Is it my fault? As I ask those questions a single tear escapes from my eyelid. Then a scream pierces the silence that had taken over the gladers.

"I SEE HIM!" Alby screams, Newt and I are soon by him, one step from coming inside of the Maze. I look into the maze and see Minho running, his shirt tored into pieces, he is stumbling, he falls to the floor. Alby suddenly runs into the maze to help Minho. Then the walls start to close. I want to squeeze Newt's hand, but I suddenly feel that it isn't there anymore, I feel it brush away. I look to my left, looking for Newt, but he is running towards Minho.

"NEWT!!" I scream, I can't loose him, tears running down my cheeks, Newt is helping Alby with Minho. The walls keep getting closer and closer, Minho tries to stand up to walk but he fails. I decide to be brave and run in to help them, nut something stops me from doing so, as I start running I feel something grab my arm, I look and see Gally.

" LET ME GO" I say, I try to jank out of his grip, my eyes fixed on the three boys running towards us, they are 5 meters away, the walls not so far form each other. " I NEED TO HELP THEM" I scream, desesperation in my voice, tears running wild down my face.

" I CAN'T" Gally says, not letting me go, holding me tighter, he grabs my other arm and pulls me into a bear hug, we fall to the floor and watch as the walls keep coming closer and closer together, watching Newt and Alby carrying Minho, every other glader screaming. I kick Gally, try to get him off me, he is too strong, he shouldnt be holding me back he should be helping Newt. I look up and look for Newt, for the guys, but suddenly my vission turns blurry, and I only see black.

------------------------

I wake up slowly, opening my eyes carefully. I look up and see a wooden ceiling. I must be in the cabin. I move my hands, and then my legs, I sit up on the bed. I look around, I am in the cabin. I bring my hands up to my head and feel some kind of material tied around my head. I start to panic. I remember Newt, Minho and Alby, the walls closing. What happened to them?I start to get the sheets of me when something stops me from standing up. Someone opens the door.

Newt.

"Newt!" I say standing up to run up to him, but as I take the first step my legs fail and I feel myself falling to the floor. I wait for the impact, but Newt catches me before that happens. I stare at his brown eyes and then realize what he did to me. I stand up, he does the same.

" Don't you ever dare to do that again!" I scream. " What if you didn't make it?" I say, tears falling from my eyes once again " Newt, I can't loose you..." I say, he hugs me, I rest my head on his chest and let all my feelings out, all my worry and my anxiousness. He strokes my hair, whispering soothing words.

" I am so sorry Anne" he says, I look up to him " I really am. I just couldn't leave him there, laying on the floor" he explains himself "I just couldn't, I had to help him" he says, pain in his eyes "Alby did that once for me, I couldn't let him die trying to save someone else" I stare into his eyes, where he is trying to hide something from me. I let it go, Newt is with me, safe. I didn't loose him. He caresses my cheek, he slowly leans in. Centimeters separating our lips. " I'm so bloody sorry Anne" I stop him from saying anything else and I just kiss him. Then we pull away. I look into his chocolate eyes, and I get lost in them. He cups my face with his hands.

"I love you, you know that right?" he says, staring deep into my eyes. I nod. "Good that" he says before kissing me again.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Hey guys, I am sorry I took so long to update, but I had practice after school and a lot of homework...

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE'S DAY!!♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

I hope you all have a great valentine's I love you all a lot, TOO MUCH.

Book Worm