⇻Impediments⇺

Shuck. That's my first thought when I wake up. I wake up feeling a painful sting in my lower stomach. I am getting my goddamn period, and that is bad already, but now I am only around shucking guys, and as if that isn't bad already, having my period means that I can't complete my mission. I look under the sheets, down to my pants and I see a red mark around my lady area. I am about to run to the bathrooms when I hear someone mutter next to me.

"Good morning love" I turn around and see Newt rubbing his eyes, trying to wake up. He pulls me into a kiss, but I back away quickly. He looks hurt.

"Newt, I need to um-m to tell you something" I'm trying to be as mature as possible, but it's hard. He looks at me waiting, confusion in his chocolate eyes." I am-" I feel heat rushing up to my cheeks "Newt I am on my period" I say it on a rush, because if I know that if I don't say it like that I will never do. I look at Newt, and I see him speechless. After thinking for a long time, he finally speaks.

" I am going to go look for something to... Well you know for what. Stay here, I am going to tell Minho to come here to keep an eye on you ok?" Before I could say anything he kisses me on the cheek and leaves runing, running away from this shucking akward situation. I lay down on our bed, wondering if this could get any weirder, when the universe decides to prove me wrong.

"Hello little shank " I look at the door and see Minho looking at me a smirk on his face. He walks in the cabin and sits next to me. I cover myself with the sheets, I wasn't planning on him seeing, well that.

"Always so nice"

" I know right?" He pauses for a bit " So Newt told me to check on you while he was looking for something. Mind explaining that?" I realize that Newt hasn't told him anything about my 'state', so I let out some air that I was holding and I punch him playfully on his shoulder, acting as if everything was ok.

" Actually I do mind" he fakes a hurt face. I laugh at him, after all he is one of my best friends in this place.

"Wow Anne, that hurt" We laugh together until I feel a sharp sting on my lower back. And my head is pounding, this is gonna be a great day. I bend in pain, scaring the klunk out of Minho. Who worriedly holds me, and keeps me from falling. "Hey, are you ok?" He puts his hand over my forehead. "Holy klunk, you are so hot!" He removes his hand from my face "Do you want me to call Newt? Wait he already knows... YOU ARE STUNG! SHUCK THIS IS HORRIBLE!" he starts pacing around the room, asking me a million more questions, and then is when I explode.

" MINHO, I AM ON MY SHUCKING PERIOD ALRIGHT? THAT IS IT" Right in that moment Newt comes rushing in the cabin.

"Anne are you ok? I heard people screaming!"

" Um-m I think I am gonna leave you two alone to er ...whatever..." Minho leaves in a rush. His face as red as it is humanly possible.

" What was all about? "

I lie down on the bed, done with everything. " I kinda exploded and told Minho I am on my period..."

" Well that explains why he looked so bloody scared" he laughs and kisses me on the cheek, sitting next to me. Then remembers why he left, and awkwardly hands me a pack of pads. I give him a questioning look. "Um, I talked to Alby about it and he said that this came in the box with you. He also said that he really needs to talk to you" he pauses for a bit and caresses my cheek.

" But I really don't want to talk to him" He laughs and stands up.

" He said that you needs to talk to him, but he didn't say when." He gives me a warm smile "But I think that you should go to well to use that" he says pointing at the pads. He hands me his hand and helps me to stand up. Right before I do I remember the stain on my pants and sit back down, I don't want Newt to see that. When I sit back down Newt loses his balance and falls on top of me. His hands over my head, he managed not to hurt me when he fell. We are only centimeters away I can feel his breath on my face. His brown eyes penetrate my green ones. He licks his lips, and minutes seem to go by like hours. Finally he leans in and kisses me. I put my arms around his neck and kiss him back. Then we breake appart to catch our breath. He stares at me, his eyes filled with la special light.

" Newt, I think that I should really, well you know um, change"

"Yeah, I'll just leave you alone in here" he says walking towards the door as I sit up, "I'll be right outside ok?" I nod and wait for him to close the door.

I stand up and look at my pants, I'll have to wash them or something... I get them off, but my panties are much worse, I am gonna need new ones, that is gonna be hard to get. I walk up to the door.

"Newt?" He immediately answers me

" Yes love?" I smile at his choice of words, I love so many things about him, but the way he calls me love is probably the thing that I like the most about him.

" I kinda need clean underware... And pants" I nervoulsy tap the door.

" That is gonna be bloody hard to find" he stops and thinks for a minute, then I hear a familiar voice that isn't Newt's.

" Hey Newt! Is everything ok?" I hear Chuck talking to Newt and walking towards him, away from the cabin. After what seemed ages I hear Newt knock on the door.

" Anne, I sent Chuck to look for clean clothes for you"

" Thanks"

" He shouldn't take too long..." he stops and I hear him drop to the floor " Anne, how bad does it hurt?" there is worry in his tone

" Well, lets just say it hurts" I say, not wanting to talk about that, but thankful to see that he cares. After a while Chuck comes back with clothes, Newt hands them to me and I put them on, they are small grey boxers and light blue jeans. I open the door and I see Newt leaning against the wooden wall.

" You look gorgeous, now lets go talk to Alby" I follow him outside of the cabin, once again we are going to have a meeting with Alby to discuss about my future.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Guys, tomorrow is my birthday!! Happy birthday to meee. I hope you like this update,

Love ya

Book Worm