⇻Punishment⇺

I clumsily follow Newt down the creaking stairs, at the end of the stairs Chuck is sitting down nervously biting his nails. When he hears our steps he turns around, with a huge smile on his chubby face, and I believe to see him wink at Newt, to what Newt responds with a smirk. Am I missing something? I realize that Chuck is staring at my neck. Shit! Newt gave a me a shucking hickey, I try to cover it with my hair, Newt giggles when he sees my doing so. Shucking Newt, I elbow him to what he answers with a wink. I can't stop my laugh, he is so adorable. And he is mine.

We walk into the crowded room. All the keepers are inside, they are all talking out loud and shouting their opinions, they seem to be arguing about us. I hear someone say that they should just give us a room, I feel myself blush at the comment. I try to remember why the keepers are all here and then it comes ro my mind, Gally. I wonder if Alby has already told them about the incident. And why is Chuck here, I mean, he is not a keeper... I guess they just called him to go tell us to come down here, they are using the poor kid as a messenger, but to be completely honest, I rather have Chuck tell us to come down than Minho, he would be all sassy about it, I bet he would've said something like " Hey you shanks better come down here, and fyi you are way to shucking loud" Thank god we have Chuck. While I was thinking, Chuck runs to the middle and screams.

"THEY ARE HEREEE!!" to what everyone reacts by shutting up, even Alby shuts up, and they all turn their heads and stare at us, I make sure that my hair is where it should and follow Newt who leads me to a chair in one of the corners of the room. I sit down and he leaves and goes to talk to Alby, then he comes back. The room is in complete silence, and I feel all eyes on me. I hate being stared at, but I guess that I will get used to it. At least I hope so.

" Thank you Chuck, you can leave now" says Alby winning everyone's attention back, Chuck smiles and runs outside of the room. He is such a good kid. " So we are all here to discuss about what to do with Gally. You all know what he did, now we will vote."

" I won't vote until the girl's out!" I hear someone yell, I am not fast enough to see who said it. Everyone agrees with this person. Everyone but Alby, Minho and Newt.

" Then don't bloody vote, because she is not leaving." Newt says, I hear him crack his knuckles

" What Newt is trying to say is that we can't leave Anne alone, not after what happened this morning" I push all the memories to a dark place in my mind, for once, instead of remembering I would like to forget. " So she is not going anywhere" I smile, thanking him, it feels good to know that I can trust him. "So lets start voting"

After what seemed like an eternity, they decided that instead of banishing Gally, they would keep him in the slammer for 1 month, since he is a keeper and counting that he was doing what he did for the welfare of all the other gladers, bull shit. No one is allowed to talk or even come close to him. Some of the keepers asked for him to be banished, some said that he really didn't do anything bad, that he was only trying to help. The last ones earned glares from Newt. They also created a new law saying that if anyone touched me without my permission, they would be punished by spending 3 weeks in the slammer, the second time they would be banished. Newt explained to me what the slammer was. Not a good place, believe me you don't want to be there. Afterwards Alby dismissed everyone but Newt and me. Again. On his way out Minho smirked and said:

" Hey Anne, what's that on your neck?" I felt heat going up to my cheeks as I tried to hide the mark that Newt left on my neck with my hair. He din't give me time to answer, because after seeing my reaction he left laughing. Shucking slint-head. I focused and walked up to Alby to see what he wanted.

" So Anne, I am sorry about what happened before, I just want to protect you from any harm..." that was surprisingly sweet coming from Alby. I decided to cut him off.

" It is ok, in fact you were right on almost everything." He looked at me confused, Newt was next to him, his messy hair, his chocolate brown eyes, his beautiful face. I am positive that I wanted him to be the father of my children. I am not sure if I am going to be able to handle that happening any time soon, but I am sure that he is the one. " I should pick someone to fulfill my mission with, and I already have" Alby stares at me and then looks at Newt.

"You are talking about him right?" I can't stop myself from laughing and neither can Newt. I can't say if it is because of the tense situation or because of the question, but I just laugh with Newt. Newt, the boy who says that loves me, they boy who I love, the boy who I know that will always be there for me.

" What do you bloody think?" Newt says in between laughs

" Just checking..." Alby says" So... I guess I will tell everyone so, well you know so nobody tries anything." I pictured him telling every glader, and I am happy that I am not in his place" And I guess that we will have to get you two a room" after hearing that comment for the second time in hours I blush. I nodded. Alby was about to leave when Newt stops him.

" Alby" says Newt " About the room" he is blushing " could it be, you know, separated from the other gladers?" At first I didn't know what he meant, then I understood and felt color coming to my cheeks, the noise...

" Sure, I'll tell the builders to start with it. Any preferences in the location?" My first night in the Glade came to my mind, the tree in the dead head's forest. I wanted it to be there.

" Yeah, "I say, I am guessing that Alby didn't actually expect an answer " Could it be in the forest?" Alby nods and leaves me and Newt alone in the room.

" Soo... what do we do now?" I ask Newt

" I don't know about you, but I am bloody starving" right after he says that I hear a loud noise coming from my stomach " I'll take that as a yes, c'mon lets get something to eat" He grabs me by the hand and we run to the kitchens.