⇻ The Gathering ⇺

-The Gathering        

            Right when we came inside of the wooden building every boy took a chair and Newt told me where to seat. I know I just met him, but I couldn't keep my eyes off him, just as some guys couldn't keep their freaking eyes off me, if this continues like this I am afraid that I am gonna end up punching someone in the eye.  

        Once everyone was seated and quiet, Alby walked to the middle of the room.

        " Anne, I am afraid I've got bad news for you. Really bad news"

        " Oh c'mon it can't be that shucking bad" said an asian boy

        " You don't know a BLOODY thing Minho, so you better shut your mouth" said Newt with rage in his chocolate eyes.

        " Hey Newt relax okay? Just as you said I don't know a thing, so why don't you tell all of us?"

        All the guys in the room seemed to agree with this Minho guy and started yelling and telling Alby to tell them what the note said.

        " QUIET! Anne will read it first, after all it affects her the most..." he handed me the paper as he said this.

          When I read the paper I couldn't stop a tear from falling down. The room went silent, everything was blurry and I was consumed by fear. It read:

        " She will be the mother of a new generation, of the next generation. You know what that implies. If she is not pregnant, or if you haven't tried by the end of the end of the month, the supplies will stop coming and the doors will stop closing. She is the last person that you will ever get." 

                                                                                - WICKED        

         I dropped the paper to the floor. I couldn't believe what I read, no it couldn't be possible, it must've been a mistake. They couldn't make me do it, no I wouldn't do it... But I had to.

        I couldn't talk, or scream, or breathe, all I could do was cry, so that is what I did I cried until I didn't have anymore tears to spill. When I started crying Newt walked up to me, hugged me and guided me outside of the building. He saved me from drowning in my own tears. He walked me to what looked like a forest and we sat down under a tree, he hugged me and told me that everything was going to be okay, that he was there, that he wouldn't let anyone hurt me, he held me close until I stopped crying, and then said:

        " Do you feel better now?" he said this with the sweetest voice that I have ever heard, or at least that I remember.

        " Kinda" then I just stared at his eyes " Newt, "

        " Yes?" 

        " Thank you, for everything" 

       " Don't worry, I just couldn't let you cry by your own, surrounded by strangers"

       After he said this we just sat there, looking at the night sky, when I heard someone cough 

        " Hmm, Newt, Anne?" it was the guy from before... Minho        

        " We'll be right there, just give us a second" Newt said giving me a last hug.

        " Okay... Umm Anne, I am sorry for what I said before, I didn't know..." 

        " It is okay, don't worry" 

        " Okay, thanks" and he left running.

        " Do we really gotta go?" I asked Newt " I really don't feel like talking about it ..." 

        " I am afraid that we do, and the earliest the better" he said as he stood up 

        " Now lets go" and once more offered me his hand