⇻Checked⇺

Being the only girl in the glade is weird enough, specially when you have to get pregnant in order for every other person to live. It creates a lot of awkward situations. But walking around with everyone knowing that you had shucking sex with someone else is even worse. Way worse. Some gladers even started to walk up to Newt while we were eating to ask him about how it was. With me right in front of them. Eating food. Of course he would just tell them horny shanks to walk away, but after that a smirk would appear on his face. The worst part was when Minho sat next to me while I was finishing my eggs. He brought his food along with him and set it down on the table with a loud noise, as soon as he sat down he started eating, that didn't stop him from talking to me though.

"So Anne, I heard that Alby wants you to get checked by the med-jacks" Minho said as I slowly turned around while putting a spoonful of crumbled eggs in my mouth. He continues to explain himself, a smirk appearing on his face . "Like you know to check that everything is ok?" I swallow. I look at Newt to see if he understood what Minho was talking about but he looks as confused as me.

"What the bloody hell are you talking about?" He asks

" Oh, you don't know?" He says looking extremely amused " Better ask Clint or Jeff" he says proceeding to eat his food.

"Can't you just shucking tell me?" I say, "please?" I say, while I try to put on puppy eyes.

"You are not gonna like it" he says, then he points at Newt with his thumb"but he is gonna like it even less" as he finishes that sentence, Alby walks up to us.

"Hey" he says sitting next to Newt "Anne, I need you to go talk to Clint"

"Why?" I say, this is really scaring me

"Just go shucking talk to them ok?" He says, his tone rising, let's just say that he is not the most understanding guy in the glade. Then he stands up and walks away.

"Ok then" I say "Newt you are the second in command, you have to know something "

"That is what I think so too, that you know people should tell me what's going on" he says glaring at Minho

"Just go ask him" he says to Newt while he focuses himself with his breakfast.

"Bloody hell" he says "c'mon Anne" he says standing up and then walking with me to the Homestead where we find Clint and Jeff nervously talking.

--

"Like how are we gonna explain that to her I-" Clint stops talking as we come into the room.

"Mind explaining me what you are gonna explain to Anne?" says Newt crossing his arms across his chest, I just stand by him, trying to figure out what the shuck is going on.

"Newt" Jeff turns around with a jump. He is so tense " What are you doing here?"

" Well Minho and Alby told us that you had something to tell us?" I say, not very sure of what was going to happen.

" Yeah, something about her getting checked?" Newt says, eyeing Clint and Jeff up and down, god he can be so scary when he is in a bad mood.

"Um I-i" starts Jeff

"We realized that you know since you guys have done it" continues Clint

" Anne should probably get checked" finishes Jeff. Then I slowly start understanding what they said. Newt doesn't.

" Can you just bloody say it?" He says getting frustrated.

" Newt" I say and look at him in the eye. He realizes.

"No" he says " No bloody way"

"We have to do it" says Clint

"Oh really why?" Says Newt clearly annoyed.

"It's for her own health" says Jeff

"No" Newt repeats "There is no way that you are gonna 'check her' "he says his voice like a dagger.

I stand there thinking, having no idea of what to think or say or even do. Because what the shuck should I do, should I let them check me ? I really don't feel like having them check me. Specially where they have to check me. I can't help but agree with Newt but something tells me that I shouldn't. I mean it is for my own good right? And yet... No, I don't think I could do it.

"Anne?" Says Clint. Shuck I missed everything they said.

"Huh?" I say

"What do you say?" Newt asks as he grabs my hand.

"I don't know" I say " I really don't think that you two know how to do what you want to do" I say, finding a great excuse.

"Well she's got a point" says Jeff

"Tell that to Alby" answers Clint to Jeff. Then he turns around to face Newt and I again. "Ok" he starts "but if you feel any kind of pain you better come here" he says looking straight in my eye.

"She will" says Newt "We're gonna go now. Good that?" He says and then we walk to the door.

Once we are outside of the homestead we both burst into laughter.

"That was the most awkward situation in the history of the glade" I say in between laughs, trying to catch my breath in between words. Newt's laugh fills the air and I see his chocolate eyes glowing with pure joy.

"Agreed love" he says as he walks towards me and puts a lock of hair behind my ear, brushing my check slightly. I never really liked having my hair like that, but he has made me love it. "Promise me that you'll tell me if anything hurts" he says locking his chocolate eyes with mine. "That's something that I don't ever want you doing, suffering in silence" he says, and I can't help but feel like there is more meaning behind these words than what he is letting me see.

"Ok?" he asks

"Ok" I say. After this he finally leans in and closes the distance between our lips. God, I love him too much.

✪✪✪✪✪✪

hey guys!! Yeah, I'm not dead. I'm sorry it's taken me such a long time to update, I just had a lot of things going on lately. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment!! Sorry if this is too much of a filler ;(

Love ya

Book Worm