ONE

.

I'm running from something. I don't know what I'm running from, I just know it's bad.

Trees pass me as I run full speed through the forest. I can see the Salvatore boarding house in the distance.

Just a little further and I'll be safe. I'm so close.

I look back over my shoulder. It's getting closer. I can hear it running behind me.

I trip. Over a log. 'This is what I get for not paying attention.' I think to myself. Sitting on my knees, I look behind me again.

It's getting closer. "Shit." I curse under my breath. Getting up, I try to run again. But something grabs my leg, causing me to fall.

Quickly rolling onto my back, facing my attacker. Her face, I've seen that face before. She raises her hand and that's when I notice the white oak stake.

I bolt up in bed. I'm sweating so much my hair is sticking to my face. "It was just a dream, Carter. Mom wont hurt you." I remind myself.

'Not for long, she wont.' A voice says in my head.

Determined not to listen to it, I shake my thoughts away and pull back the covers. Getting up and walking to the shower, I strip off my clothes, and hop into the freezing cold water. I hum to a random song while washing my body, getting rid of the sweat.

After I'm done in the shower I put on a hoodie and sweatpants, than check the time. "7:00? Elijah should be up. I'll go down stairs." I whisper to myself.

I jump down the stairs two at a time. When I entered the dining room, I saw all 4 of my siblings eating breakfast. I sit down in my designated spot at the table in between Kol and Elijah.

"Good morning!" I say to them. In return I get a chorus of 'good mornings' and 'hellos'. "So I had a dream last night. About mom." I pause. "She killed me. Just outside the Salvatore boarding house."

They all gave me strange looks. "And you're telling us this, why?" Nik asks.

Looking around for mom, I see she's not near so I answer his question. "I don't trust mom. I think she's hiding something, and I don't want to be here to find out." I take a deep breath before continuing. "I don't feel safe in mystic falls anymore."

"So you're just going to leave?" Rebekah asks. Seeing me nod for an answer, she goes on. "Where are you planning to go?"

"New York. I have a friend there I can stay with. And I'm leaving right after the ball. I won't be there when you wake up." I state. I grab my empty plate and walk out of the dining room, leaving my shocked siblings behind.

ΔΔΔ

For the ball i dressed in a navy blue dress. I curled my hair and left it down. Than I had a pair of simple white heels.

 Than I had a pair of simple white heels