TWO

.

It was dark when I got to new york. I walked up to the house Klaus texted me about.

I knocked on the door and only a few seconds later, Klaus open it with a big smile. I could smell the alcohol wafting off of him. "Klaus, love. It's lovely to see you again." I said cheerfully. Than right away I change to seriousness. "Please let me in." I try to compel him.

"Ah, ah, ah. I'm on vervain." The druggie tells me with a smile. "But come on in." I walk over the threshold and immediately jump into Klaus' arms.

"I missed you so much." I whisper in his ear. I pull back and hold him at arm's length to continue talking. "And I can't thank you enough for letting me stay here."

Just as I said that, a fairly short girl walked into the room. When she saw me for the first time she froze for a second then continued walking. "I think I'm gonna start heading home, Klaus." The girl told him. To which he just nodded.

To make up for his rudeness I introduced myself to the girl. "Hi. It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Carter, a friend of Klaus'." I put my hand out for her to shake.

"Vanya Hargreeves. Nice to meet you." She takes my hand for a quick shake then turns to Klaus. "I'll see you around Klaus." And with that, Vayna walked away.

me and Klaus walk up to the spare room to put my bag away, and when we were going down to the kitchen we ran into one of Klaus brothers. "hey Klaus. do you know if Vanya left- oh, hi. Who's this?" the guy asks.

"Oh, Luther!" Klaus said cheerfully. "This is my great friend miss. Carter Mikaelson." he gestured to me. "And Vanya left just a few minutes ago." After he said that he bounced downstairs with me in tow. We entered the kitchen and saw a dude in black spandex and a beautiful woman with a black dress. "My lovely family! We have a guest. Meet Carter Mikaelson." Klaus states dramatically.

The woman smiles at me while the man ignores me. "Alright, I guess I'll see you in, what, ten years? When Pogo dies?" The man, who I found out was Diago, says.

"Not if you die first." The woman, Allison, tells him.

"Yeah, love you too, sis." Diago counters. "Good luck with your next film. Hope it turns out better than your marriage, huh?" Allison stands there offended, before turning and leaving.

I stand there awkwardly, before I speak up. "All right, Klaus. I'm going out. I need something to eat, if you know what I mean. And your house has no blood bags. I'll see you later." Then I vamp-sped out of the house, not waiting for an answer.