ELEVEN

.

After Five told us the plan and creating a fake briefcase, we got into a car and drove to the place we were meeting Hazel and Cha-Cha. Luther was driving, Five was in the passenger seat, and I was in the back. Once we got to our destination, Luther parked the car and we waited for the people in masks to come.

It was silent, until Five decided to break it. "You know, I never enjoyed it."

"What?" Luther asked, confused.

"The killing. I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure. I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind." Five explains.

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough." Luther tells us.

I nod before speaking. "I know what you mean. for the 50s, 60s, and 70s I was daggered in a box. and I was sent to purgatory temporally. I could see everything that was going on in the real world, but no one could see me. I had to watch my siblings kill and betray each other and not be able to do a single thing about it. It's the being alone that breaks you."

We were silent for a little before Luther asked a question. "You think they'll buy it?"

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." Five tells us.

"Well, I should hold onto it." Luther suggests. "In case they make a move on you. And I don't necessarily trust Carter." With the last sentence I scoff.

"Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, i've lived a long life and Carter is immortal, but you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it." Five tells him. Luther looks at Five oddly, but he just looks out the window. Just then, we see a car driving towards us. "Here we go." We get out of the car and wait for Hazel and Cha-Cha to park. Five walks up to me, before speaking. "If this all goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry."

"Uh... okay." I tell him, before he walks up to the people in masks. I watch as the people take their masks off, then the woman point a gun at Five, then the woman walks to a phonebooth and Five walks toward us.

"What happens now?" Luther asks.

"Now we wait." Five answers Luther's question. As we wait, none of us speak. That is until we hear ice cream truck music, and then we see an ice cream truck drive down the street. As it passes we can clearly see Klaus and Diego in the truck. As the truck advances toward Hazel and Cha-Cha, they start shooting at the truck.

Fives P.O.V

As soon as a bullet hit Carter in the abdomen, everything freezes. Getting out from behind a frozen Luther, I look around. "Neat trick, isn't it?" A female voice asks. Turning around, I come face-to-face with The Handler. "Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered."

"Tt's good to see you again." I tell her.

"Feels like we met just yesterday. Course, you were a little bit older then. Congratulations on the age regression, by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent." The Handler compliments.

"Ah, well, I wish I could take credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and... well, you know. Here I am." I explain to her.

"You realize your efforts are futile. So why don't you tell me what you really want?" She asks.

"I want you to put a stop to it." I state.

"You realize what you're asking for is next to impossible, even for me. What's meant to be is meant to be. That's our raison d'etre." The Handler tells me.

Pulling a gun out of my pocket, I point it at her. "Yeah? Well how about survival as a raison?"

"I'll just be replaced. I am but a small cog in a machine. This fantasy you've been nurturing about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse... is just that. A fantasy. I must say, though, we're all quite impressed with your initiative, your... stick-to-itiveness, really quite... quite something. Which is why we want to offer you a new position back at the commission, in management."

"Sorry, what's that now?" I chuckle.

"Come back to work for us again. You know it's where you belong." The Handler tells me.

"Well, that didn't work out too well the last time, did it?" I argue.

"But you wouldn't be in the correction division any longer. I'm talking about... the home office. You'd have the best health and pension, and an end to this ceaseless travel. You're a distinguished professional in... schoolboy shorts. We have the technology to reverse the process. I mean, you... you can't be happy like this." When she said this I look back at Carter, cause I know she makes me happy.

I look back at The Handler. "I'm not looking for happy."

"Were all looking for happy." She said, touching my face, with made me very uncomfy. "We can make that happen. We can make you... yourself again."

"And what about my family?" I ask.

"Ahat about them?" She questions, sounding annoyed.

"I want them to survive. along with the Mikaelson family." I tell her.

She looks around at all of them, before looking back at me. "All of them?"

"Yes. All of them." I confirm.

"Well... I'll see what I can do. Do we have a deal?" She asks, sticking her hand out for me to shake.

"One thing." I walk over and grab Hazels gun of the ground and taking the bullets out of it. Then I move the bullet out of Luther's way so it doesn't hit him. And finally I kiss Carter on the forehead, before shaking The Handlers hand.

Carters P.O.V

I feel the bullet enter my skin and burn like hell. That's when I realize the bullet is laced with vervain. I don't pay any attention to what's going on around me, all I'm focused on is the pain in my abdomen and the fact that the enemy has a weapon that can weaken me. I don't notice when someone drags me to the car, or the fact that Five is not with us.

I couldn't take the bullet out, so the vervain keep going into my blood system and I was bleeding out in the car.

ΔΔΔ

It was dark when we got back to the academy, and the boys helped me up to Fives room. Klaus got a pair of tweezers and took the bullet out of me, quite ruffly might I add. And as soon as the bullet was out my phone started ringing. Looking at the caller I.D, I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Elijah? Whats up?" I ask, as I clean the blood off of me.

I heard him sigh from the other end of the phone. "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we got rid of the linking spell, were not linked anymore."

"That's great. What's the bad news?" I ask, glad I'm not anymore likely to die.

"Umm... You might not like hearing this. But, umm, Finn's dead." Elijah said grimly.