SEVEN

.

As soon as I finished my story, the van door beside me opened. Wiping a stray tear out of my eye I look to the now open door. And there stood Luther Hargreeves. He push me into the back seat as he tried to get into the front. When he finally got in, he noticed my glossy eyes and asked. "Are you okay?"

Before I could answer, Five spoke. "You shouldn't be... how did you find us?"

Instead of answering with words, Luther just pointed to the back of the van. When we look back, we saw Klaus 'dancing' I guess, with Delores. "Hey, a little privacy, guys. Were really hitting it off back here." Klaus says. Five grabbed the closest thing to him and through it at Klaus, causing him to duck and laugh.

"Get out! You cant be here!" Five yells. "Were in the middle of something."

Klaus crawled up beside me. "Any luck finding your one-eyed man?" He asks.

"No." Five whispers.

"What's he talking about?" Luther questions.

I sigh and say. "Does it matter? Its Klaus." To which Five nods in agreement.

"What do you want, Luther?" Five asks.

"Um... so, Grace may have something to do with dad's death. So I need you, both of you, to come back to the academy, all right? It's important." Luther answers.

"'It's important.'" Five mutters. "You have no concept of what's important."

"Hey! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" Klaus laughed. "It was so painful."

Shaking my head, I say. "Yeah, I was there. You made me run you a cold bath. Wait..." I pause and turn my head in Klaus' direction. "What are you still doing here?"

"What?" Klaus asks, sounding offended. "I need an excuse to hang out with my family?" he looks between all three of us.

This time Luther answers him. "Well, were trying to have a serious conversation."

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?" Klaus asks, with both his hands on his chest.

"They have a point, you should get out." Five agrees with us.

"What?" Klaus asks again, before leaving the van.

Before he closes the door, I call out to him. "hey, Klaus! You know I love you, right?" He just nods and closes the door, walking toward the covenant store.

Once Klaus walks away, Luther speaks. "What the hell are you up to, guys?"

"You wouldn't understand." Five tells him.

Shifting in his seat, Luther counters. "Try me. Last I checked, I'm still the leader of this family."

"Well, last I checked, I'm 28 years older than you." Five tells him.

"Alright, well, Carter is only 14 years old." Luther says matter-of-factly.

Five scoffs and shakes his head. "Actually, shes, like, 950 years older than both of us." At this, Luther looks back at me, and I give him a fake innocent smile.

Turning back to Five, Luther speaks. "You know what your problem is?"

"Really hoping you'll tell me."

"You think you're better than us. You always have. Even when we were kids. But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. Were all you have. And you know it. Also, FYI, I dont believe she's over 900."

"I dont think i'm better than you, number one. I know I am. I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend."

"Right."

"Just to get back here and save you all. With the help of Carter anyway." Just as Five says this, Klaus runs out of the store with his arms full of food. He runs across the street, with a cop chasing after him. He almost gets run over by a car, but he keeps running. "Now I'm starting to wonder if that was the wisest decision."

ΔΔΔ

After Luther left the van, it was just me and five sitting in the van in silence. We didn't talked to each other, and after I told him everything I was glad we didn't talk. We just sat there and waited for something to happen.

"You know, you don't have to tell me that. I know there are only six days left." Five says out of the blue. I was going to question him, but then I realized he was talking to Dolores. He paused. "Yeah you got a better idea?" Another pause. "Okay, then." Just as he said this, Lance walked out of the building.

"There's our guy." I say. Pointing him out. We watched Lance walk up to a car, put a bag into it, then walk away with a package. "What the hell is he up to?" I wonder aloud.

ΔΔΔ

We didn't talk a word to each other until morning, when we finally saw Lance again. We watched him put his dog in the back seat of his car. After he closed the back seat and before he got into the car, Five blinked into the passenger seat and I vamp-sped into the back seat with the dog.

"Oh, jesus!" Lance jumps, as his dog barks beside me. Quickly, Five holds a knife up to Lances neck.

"One chance, that's all you've got. One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab." Five thetends.

"I...I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market." Lance say super fast, probably scared of Five.

"Including eyeballs?" I ask while petting the dog, which seems to calm it down.

Lance glances back at me, probably noticing me for the first time. I show him my vampire face- with all the veins and fangs- and he answers the question faster, more scared. "Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I- I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you..." Five says.

Lance finishes his sentence. "Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off- off the books."

Taking a deep breath, I say. "We need that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and we need it now!"

"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy is in my safe at the lab." Lance says.

Taking a quick look at me, Five answers. "Well, you start the car, then. Cause were going on a field trip." Lance pulls his seat belt on, and starts the car. We drive for about 10 minutes, before we get to the lab and Lance parks a little ways down the street.

We walk up to the lab and see it smoking. Five runs towards the building and as its about to blow up in his face, I run into him and tackle him to the ground so the explosion doesn't affect him as much.

Sitting up from where we were laying, we both look up at the building that's on fire. "Shit." I curse.