THIRTEEN

.

I freeze in place when I see the man. Then getting over my shock, I smile and run over to the man, giving him a big hug. The man laughs and picks me up off the ground, and twirls me in a circle.

FIVE'S P.O.V

Carter looked so happy when she saw the man. I wanted her to be that happy when she saw me. I don't know why I'm feeling like this all of a sudden. I stared at her as she interacted with this strange man. She obviously knew him, but from where?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Carter spoke. "What are you doing here, Elijah?" She said with a big smile. I like her smile. I thought. Then I registered the name she said. Elijah. She told me about him. One of her brothers. 

"I was worried about you. After I told you about Finn, you didn't say anything back. I wanted to check on you." Elijah told her. 

 "Well I think I'm fine now. I cried it all out and it helped. How long will you be staying?" Carter asked. 

"As long as you want, sister. Or as long as I'm welcome." At this he looked over to me and my siblings. 

I spoke quickly, maybe a little to quickly. "You're welcome anytime. But we must be going. We have some important stuff to be doing. It was a pleasure to meet you, Elijah Mikaelson."

He nodded to me and tried to walk into the house but it was like an invisible force was holding him back from entering. "Oh! He needs to be invited in. I totally forgot." Carter exclaims.

I was about to invite him in, but Allison beat me to it. "Come on in." She told him, with a slight blush.

"I'll see you later, brother. For now can you look after Klaus for me? He's not doing very good right now." Carter asked her older brother. He gave a quick nod before we all went our separate ways.

ΔΔΔ

CARTER'S P.O.V

Five, Diego, Allison, and I were sitting in front of the police station in Diego's car. Five and Diego in the front seat, me and Allison in the back. 

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We just gotta get our hands on this file." Diego states, confidently. 

"Oh yeah? And what's your plan? Just waltz in there and ask for it?" I question him, sarcastically. Ever since Elijah showed up I've been wanting to talk to him and catch up. that's why I want this trip to move faster. 

"I know the station like the back of my hand, Mikaelson. I've spent a lot of time inside." Diego tells me. I just roll my eyes. 

"Handcuffed." Allison says, bluntly. 

"Whatever. Here's the plan." The knife wielding male starts to speak, but is cut off by his brother.

"Plan? I'm just gonna blink in and get the file." Five tells him. 

"No, that's not... You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" Diego tries to reason. 

"I literally just did this yesterday." When everyone in the car gives him confused looks he goes on. "My yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go."

"Listen to me. you are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. he leads." Diego says.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, okay big guy." I say, patting Diego's shoulder. Then I turn my attention to Five. "Let him go. It'll make him feel special." 

ΔΔΔ

As Diego went to get the files, me, Allison and Five were standing out on the sidewalk, with Allison in a phone box and me and Five leaning on a building. Nobody said anything besides Allison leaving a message for Vanya. Then Diego walked up beside us, with the case file in hand. 

"Well?" I ask Diego.

"Your welcome." He says as Allison takes the file from his hand and looking through it.

"Holy shit." She exclaims, and we all turn our heads towards her. 

"What?" Diego asks.

Allison holds up the file to show us, and on it was a picture of a man that looked somewhat familiar. "Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody." She tells us.

"Who?" I ask. 

ΔΔΔ

After a conversation on who this Leonard Peabody was, we drove to his house. Now we were standing outside Leonard's house, looking up at it. "Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison warns us. 

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him." Diego sasses. "Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean, look at them." Allison told him, pointing at Five and I. 

Five rolls his eyes. "Thanks." He says, sarcastically. 

"good point." Diego says with a nod. "So what's this guy want with Vanya?"

"I don't know. How 'bout we ask him after we kill him?" Five says. 

"Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through-" Diego starts to tell me and Five, but cut himself off when he realizes Allison is not with us. "You know what? It would be nice for people just to stick to-" he was cut off again as Five blinks into the house. "The plan." He finishes.

"I'm still here, Diego." I tell him, patting his arm.

"thanks, Carter." He says with a small smile. Then he turns towards the door and jumps through it, falling to the ground with a groan in the process. 

"Subtle." Allison say while walking around the man on the floor. 

"You know, the door was unlocked." Five told his brother, opening the door to prove that what he said was true.

Diego gets up with another groan. "Yeah, well, my way works just fine." After dusting himself off he speaks again. "Spread out. Yell if you, uh... you know, you're in trouble."

"Ah, inspiring leadership." Five says, sarcastically.

"One of the greats." Allison adds in.

"He truly is." I speak up with a laugh as I try to walk into the house. Key word 'try'. As I walk forward a magical barrier keeps me out. "Oh shit. I need to be invited in. You guys go without me, I'll be fine by myself." they nod and walk away. After a couple minutes of pacing back and forth in front of the door, I hear a loud thump, like something falling on the ground. I walk closer to the door to yell up at them. "Guys? Is everything okay?" I ask.

I heard Allison panicked voice from up stairs. "Five collapsed. He's losing a lot of blood, and fast. It looks like he's been shot."

What? That's impossible I would have smelt it by now. right? getting over my confusion quickly, I yell back up at them. "Bring him down here. I need to take a look at him." Then only a minute later the siblings come outside with Five in there arms. "We gotta take him to the academy. I can take better care of him there." With a nod, they both carry him to the back seat of the car, with them sitting in the front seats. "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck." I curse under my breath and punch a hole in the wall beside me.