TEN

.

After we left Diego's place, we went to the Academy. As me and Five walk to his room, we see bloody footprints on the floor. Sniffing out the place where the blood came from, I stop outside Klaus' bedroom door. Walking in, Five knocks slightly on the door.

"You okay?" He asks, sounding concerned for his brother.

"Hey guys. Yeah, just... long night." Klaus answers.

Chuckling, Five replies. "More than one, from the looks of it." I give him a confused look, but shrug it off.

Turning around, I whisper in Fives ear. "I'll leave you two alone. I'm gonna be in your room if you need me." Before I leave I give Klaus a small smile.

ΔΔΔ

It was about 10 minutes of me lying on Fives bed, before Five himself came barging in. Without saying a word, he grabbed a piece of chalk and started writing on the walls of his room. I did not question him and just lay there in silence. After a while he finally spoke. "Oh. Okay, I think I've got something, Delores. It's tenuous, but promising."

I heard footsteps approaching, and look up to see Luther standing in the doorway. "What is all this?" He asks, looking at all the writing and math equations.

"Its a probability map." Five answers without looking up from his work.

"Probability of what?" Luther questions.

"Of whose death could save the world. I've narrowed it down to four." Five tells us.

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asks, causing me to shake my head.

"No, Luther. He's saying that their death might prevent it." I explain.

"Oh." After a long pause of Luther trying to process the information, he speaks again. "I'm not following."

"Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect. So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they may be, and kill them." Five explains. And for me it's pretty easy to keep up.

"Alright. Who do I have to kill, then?" I ask, letting my vampire face to show.

Luther walks over to the wall, and reads a name off of it. "Milton Greene. So who's he, a terrorist or something?"

"I believe he is a gardener." Five tells him.

Shocked, Luther looks over to Five. "You can't be serious. Wait, this is madness, Five. You-" Luther cuts himself off when Five pulls a gun out from under his bed and lays is down beside me. "Where'd you get that?"

"In dad's room." Five states bluntly. "I think he used it to shoot rhinoceros." He says this so casually and I raise an eyebrow at him. "It's similar to the model I used at work. Nice shoulder fit and highly reliable."

"But you can't- this guy Milton is just an innocent man." Luther protests.

"Innocent people die everyday, and his death could potentially save the lives of billions. If we did nothing, he'd be dead in four days, anyway. The apocalypse won't spare anyone." I state boredly, being absolutely done with Luther's childish behaviour.

"We don't do this kind of thing." Luther argues further.

"We are not doing anything. me and Carter are." Five counters.

"I can't let you go and kill innocent people. No matter how many lives you save." Luther tells us, acting like the hero he thinks he is.

"I've killed millions of times. Good luck stopping us." I say, getting off the bed and walk to the door with Five.

"You're not going anywhere." Luther says. When I turn around to look at him, I see that he's holding Delores by the neck out the window. Five points the gun at Luther as soon as he sees his mannequin in trouble.

"Put Delores down, you idiot." I growl at Luther, knowing Five loves the mannequin, even if I think its super weird.

"Put the gun down, Five. You're not killing anymore. I know she's important to you, Five, so don't make me do this. It's either her or the gun. You decide." Luther says to Five. When he doesn't put the gun down, Luther drops Delores. I vamp-speed to the window at the same time Five blinks to the window, and Luther gets the gun. "I can keep doing this all day. I know you're still a good person, Five. I'm not sure about you though, Carter, you eat people. But if you weren't good people, you wouldn't have risked everything coming here to save us all. But you're not on your own anymore."

After a pause, Five sighs and speaks. "There is one way. But its just about impossible."

"More impossible than what brought you back here?" Luther asks.

Five sighs again, but shakes his head. "Alright then. What's the plan?" I ask.