FIFTEEN

After the whole ordeal about the suicide, I decided I needed something to eat. "Okay, guys. I'm staving, so I'm gonna go get something to eat." I told everyone. 

"What? But I just made bacon and eggs." Klaus says with a pout. 

I smiled and shook my head. "Not that kind of food, Klaus."

"I'll come with you, Carter. I'm rather hungry myself." Elijah said, getting up from the table. 

ΔΔΔ

Me and Elijah were just about finished with our meal when I heard my phone ring. After whipping my mouth off on a handkerchief, I answer my phone. "Hey, Klaus. What's up?"

"Yeah. Carter. Diego says Allison is in trouble. Umm, we might need your help." Klaus told me, his voice was kind of panicked. 

My eyes widened. "Alright. Uh, put Diego on the phone please." 

I heard rustling on the other end of the phone before Diego spoke. "Hey."

"Do you know where she is?" I ask the man. 

"Yeah. She'll uh, be at Jenkins' place. Or his grandmother's place. The one on Jackpine Road." Diego informs me. 

I nod. "Okay, thank you Diego. I'm going to go there now, and I'll meet you guys there. But I will send Elijah with you. Where are you now?" 

"Some Irish pub downtown. We still have to convince Luther to come with us." Diego says, sounding a bit annoyed while talking about Luther.

"Alright. Elijah is on his way. See you in a bit." I tell him before hanging up. I look to Elijah. "Allison is in trouble, we need to help her. I'm going to get to her now, and I want you to go with the boys. They're in a pub downtown."

Elijah nodded. "Okay, sister. Be safe, please." 

"No promises." I say with a smirk. "I love you, brother." Then I speed off. 

  ΔΔΔ

It took a long time to find exactly where Allison was. Maybe too long because when I did find her, it was already dark outside. Out in the drive way was Allison's car so I knew she was there. once I got inside I saw Allison and Vanya talking. 

"It's incredible." Allison says.

"what's Incredible?" I ask, and that's when the two girls noticed me. 

Vanya looks at me with a slightly angry expression. "My powers." She says shortly. And all I do is nod. 

"Hey. Ca- can we talk about this in the car?" Allison asks.

Vanya looks a little confused. "Why?"

Allison sighs before answering. "You're not gonna want to hear it."

"Well that's never stopped you before." Vanya tells her. 

"Leonard Peabody?" Allison starts. "His real name is Harold Jenkins." There's a pause. "Remember when I couldn't find anything in the library on Leonard? It's because Leonard Peabody doesn't exist. Harold Jenkins does."

I nod. "He was in prison for 12 years. He killed his father when he was only 13." I speak up.

"This is... insane. His dad was an engineer at the-" Vanya starts but is cut off by Allison.

"I have the police report in the car, Vanya. I can show you."

The shorter girl shakes her head. "I don't... I don't understand."

"Leonard, Harold, I- I know it doesn't make any sense, and I know it sounds crazy, but we were in his house. He has pictures of all of us with our eyes gouged out." Allison tells her sister.

"Wh- What? I-" Vanya stutters. 

"I promise we will tell you everything in the car, but it's not safe." Allison begs.

"No, stop." Vanya protests. 

Once Vanya is sitting down, Allison speaks up again. "Look, umm- I can't imagine how hard it is for you to hear this... how you feel right now, but I... I love you, and I- I just- I wanna be here for you, as your sister."

"There's just no way." Vanya shakes her head in denial. "I love him. This just doesn't make any sense. And this power... I- I don't know. I don't know what's going on. I don't know what to do."

"I understand now." Allison whispers. "When we were four. Dad told us you were sick. You had to be isolated. We were so young. None of us knew to question it. But then he asked me to do something I never understood... until now. He made me an accomplice."

There is a long pause. Then Vanya spoke. "You did this to me?"

"I... I didn't realise." Allison's voice cracked when she spoke. 

"You knew this whole time? That I had powers?" Vanya stands up and walks across the room.

"No, no! I didn't really understand until I came today, until I saw it." Allison cries. 

"Well, now it all makes sense. This is why you never wanted me around. You couldn't risk me threatening your place in the house, your- your dominance." 

"That makes no sense, Vanya." I spoke up for the first time. "She was just a child when all of this happened. You can't blame her."

Vanya rolls her eyes at me. "Stay out of this, Carter. This is none of your business." Before I could even respond Vanya is going on with her yelling at Allison. "You couldn't handle the fact that Dad might find me special."

"You are special, Vanya. With or without your powers." Allison replies.

"Don't- Don't say that!" Vanya screams. 

"We have a chance to start over." Allison tries to calm her down.

"You destroyed my life!"

Allison scoffs. Oh, please, Vanya. Everything is out in the open, now. We can move on!"

"Oh, I'm moving on. But not with you, with Leonard." Vanya states. 

I roll my eyes. "You mean Harold. The murderer guy. Have you not been listening to anything either of us have said?" 

"With Leonard!" Vanya yells again. "The only person who has ever loved me for me." 

"Oh, my, god." I whisper, as I hold the bridge of my nose and pace from my spot beside Allison. 

After a beat of silence with the only sound being Vanya's powers buzzing, said girl speaks up. "Look me in the eye and tell me you're not threatened now."

Allison looks around, slightly scared. "I don't wanna argue with you."

"Then go!" Vanya yells. 

"Were only trying to help you, Vanya." I tell her, calmly.

"I don't want your help!" The girl yells again. 

"Vanya, I love you!" Allison tells her. 

"Stop Saying that!" The effect of Vanya's powers are getting stronger by the minute. Things were moving all around us, and glass was breaking. 

"Are you... Are you okay?" Allison asks her sister, genuinely concerned.  

"I said go!" Vanya screams once again. A light bulb shatters above our heads causing Allison to jump.

Don't make me do this." Allison says. When Vanya doesn't seem to be calming down, the taller girl speaks again. "I heard a rumour..." But she's not able to finish what she's saying because Vanya whips her violin bow across her body, slicing Allison's neck open. 

I don't waste any time in charging towards Vanya, trying to take her down. But when she does the same thing it's my turn to bleed all over the place. 

I fall to the floor in a pool of my own blood, and that's when my vision goes all black.