FOURTEEN

.

When we got to the academy, Allison and Diego carried him to the couch. "We should have taken him to the hospital." Allison said.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound might raise some questions." Five told her in a mumble. 

"Plus we have Carter. she can heal him faster than any doctor can." Diego added. 

"He's still losing a lot of blood. What do we do?" Allison asks.

I push the sibling back from Five a bit so I can get closer. "We need to get the shrapnel out. Can you go get me some tweezers, a bowl of warm water and a washcloth, please? Oh, and maybe some rubbing alcohol, too. Thanks." I ask, looking back and forth from each sibling. They nodded and walked off to get the supplies. Once I know they are gone, I grab one of Five's hands in mine. "You're gonna be fine. You know that, right?" I tell him while using my other hand to move his bangs out of his face. I give him a little kiss on the top of his head. 

When the siblings got back with the supplies, I got to work. First I got the washcloth, dipped it into the warm water and started whipping the blood for around the wound. then I dabbed some rubbing alcohol on the cloth. "This might hurt a bit." I told Five, before touching the cloth to the wound. He hissed out in pain. 

Diego came back, which I didn't even know he left, with Grace right behind him. "Thank you, dear." Grace told me. "But I think I should take it from here." She had an incredibly sweet smile on her face. I nodded as I got up off the floor. 

I started walking over to the kitchen. "I'm gonna go wash this blood off of me. Yell if you need me."

ΔΔΔ

After Grace got the bullet out of Five and we got some vampire blood into him, he was now resting. Allison, Diego, and I were outside Five's bedroom door, watching as he slept. 

"Anything?" Diego asks Allison referring to news about Vanya. 

Allison shook her head. "There's no answer at Vanya's place. And the receptionist at her music school, said she was a no show for her lessons today." Once Allison said this Diego nodded his head and started waking away. 

"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask as I turn around. 

After a pause he speaks. "Yeah." the man says as if hes not sure about it himself. "I don't know, it's just surreal seeing her. I just wanna tell her that I'm s..." Diego cuts himself off. "We don't have much time. We gotta go."

"I don't know, Diego. Five is laying there, unconscious. We need him." Allison told him. 

"We can do this ourselves." Diego tells her. 

"You already did that, remember? and it got you killed." I tell the man, looking up at him. 

Allison sighs. "I've been thinking. Maybe I should go and see Claire before-" She started to say but was cut off.

"You can't just run away for all this, Allison. It's what started this mess in the first place." I tell her in a slightly frustrated tone. 

Diego sighs. "Luther was right."

Allison looks at the man with a smirk on her face. "I didn't think I would ever hear you say those words."

"yeah, well... we gotta stick together."

'Alright. where do we start?" Allison asks.

"There's no other addresses in the file, but there is another relation listed. Jenkins' grandmother. She lived near Jackpine Road." Diego tells us.

"you think he took her there?" I ask as I follow the two taller people down stairs.

"it's a good place to start." Diego says.