SIX

.

Taking a sharp intake of breath, like it was the first time I was breathing, I bolt up right from where I was lying. I hear a shriek of terror from my side and I look to see Five. His pulse was so loud in my ear, and all I could smell was his blood.

Looking around to try and drown out the sound and smell, I see that I'm in Fives room. His mannequin was sitting on the chair beside the bed. Five was in a tank top and you could see that he just stitched up his wound, there was still dry blood on his arm.

After he got over the fright of me waking up, he continued to get dressed. "Five, please distract me. All I can smell is your blood, and I'm starving." I tell him, my voice rough and dry.

"Okay. I have a question. What are you? And how are you still alive? You weren't breathing." Five asks.

Clearing my throat, I answer. "I'm a vampire. I'm still alive, cause I'm not actually living. If that makes any sense."

Nodding, Five takes it all in. "Okay." He pauses. "Changing the topic, we have somewhere important to be."

"Wait. That's all you have to say? You're not going to deny it or something? People usually deny it." I ask standing up off the bed.

"Well, yeah. I've seen weirder things, to be honest." He pauses. "Well, we have somewhere to be. So... let's go." He then zipped his mannequin up in the green bag, and climbed out of his open window with me in tow. As we climbed out, we heard rustling in the garbage can below.

"Damn it, where's dads stuff?" I heard Klaus groan. There was a long pause, then said man spoke again. "Shut up! I'm trying to find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!"

As we hit the ground, Five spoke. "I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care."

"Hey!" Klaus laughed. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, guys?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking." He pauses, looked at Klaus, then continued. "Or so I thought."

As we were about to walk away, Klaus stops us. "Hey, hey, hey, so. You need any more company today? I could, uh... clear my schedule. " He asks, taking a sip out of his flask.

"Looks like you've got your hands full. Besides, I've got Carter to keep me company." Five smiled at Klaus.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just-" Klaus stated but cut himself off by falling into the garbage bin. "I just misplaced something. That's all. Oh! Found it! Thank god!" He said, popping out of the garbage bin with half a bagel in his hand. He took a bit out of it, causing both me and Five to cringe. "Delicious." Klaus claims, with his mouth still full.

"Ah, dude! That was nasty. What the hell is wrong with you?!" I say, before walking to the van Five wanted to steal. The whole way there I was muttering profounds under my breath.

"Maybe I just wanna hang out with my brother and best friend. Mi hermano, mi mejor amigo! I love you! Even if you can't love yourself!" Klaus called behind us. We got into the stolen van, me in shotgun and Five in driver, then drove away.

ΔΔΔ

Me and Five were sitting outside the prosthetic lab, waiting for something to happen. I was currently on the phone with my older brother Niklaus talking about how mother linked us with a spell, and how Kol went and got himself daggered. "Oh! and you didn't think it was a good idea to, oh I don't know... tell me about it! But no. We had to wait until something happened to tell little old Carter about it. God Nik, you're so infuriating."

I heard a sigh on the other end of the line, before Nik spoke again. "Geez, who put vervain in your coffee this morning?" The idiot asked.

"Oh, for fuck sakes, Nik. I haven't feed in, I don't know, 48 hours and I'm starving. Now I have to go, tell me when anything else happens." I tell him, then hang up the phone. The whole time I was talking to my brother, Five was staring at me. When he saw that I saw he was looking at me he turned around.

Looking down at the green bag, Five cursed. "Oh, shit!" Opening the bag, he took out some bottles, before pulling his mannequin out of it. "Hey. Sorry you were in there for so long, Delores." There was a pause. "No, I'm not drunk. I'm working." Another pause. "Yes, it's about the eye thing. This is the place it was made. Or will be made. We just have to wait."

After about 30 minutes of silence between us, Five finally broke it. "So, uh, how old are you? You know, seeing as you're a vampire, uh, I was just wondering how long you've been one. Uh, you don't have to answer, though."

Laughing at his nervousness, I answer him. "I'm a little over 1000 years old. Same as my brothers and sister."

"How did you turn? What's it like?" He asks. He seemed pretty curious, and I know I can trust him, so I told him.

"The village my family lived in, was a village of werewolves. Every full moon we would hide in underground caves, so we wouldn't get harmed. but one night me and two of my brothers, Niklaus and Henrik, went out to watch the men transform. We were attacked. Even though I got hurt pretty bad, Henrik got the worst of it. After he died, my mother made a pact with herself to never let her children be harmed again. But, uh, now she's trying to kill us. Anyway, it must be known that my mother was- or still is- a witch.

"She called on the power of the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree for immortality to make her children stronger and immortal. We are faster and stronger than werewolves, with our own fangs to attack, and heightened senses, and we are unable to be truly killed.

"However, for every new strength, a weakness plagued us, the sun that granted life would burn us and keep us inside until dark, vervain that grew on the white oak tree could burn us and prevent mind compulsion, a dagger dipped in white oak ash can keep us in an induced coma type state until the dagger is removed from our heart, while neighbors who had once invited us into their homes could now keep us out unless we were invited, and wood from the white oak tree is the one thing that can take our immortal lives away, by killing us. The worst of the weaknesses was the terrible hunger for blood. Like the thing that had made us vampires, it was the thing we craved above all else. It was horrible.

"My mother had an affair with one of the werewolves and conceived Niklaus. When he turned and kill his first victim it triggered his werewolf gene, and my father found out about the affair. Father threatened mother, into locking up Nik's werewolf side with a curse. Once Nik found out about this he was so mad. He got so mad, infact, that he ripped mothers heart out of her chest. That made father angry, so angry that he tried to kill Nik. So me and my siblings ran. And for 1000 years we've been running from father. That is until about a month ago, when Nik killed father once and for all.

"But now mothers back, by the use of Bennett magic. Which is a witch coven. And she linked me and my siblings, so she can kill us." I give a teary chuckle. "We had this saying, me and my siblings. 'Always and forever.' I guess it will stick when we die, too. If the boys dont find a way out of this."