EIGHT

.

After the explosion, I lost track of Five. I ran to the academy to see if he was there, but he wasn't. Luther and Diego were there though, so I went with them to look for Five.

We ended up going to a library to look for five. "Lets split up." Luther told us- us being me and Diego.

"Wow. Good thinking, Einstein." I tell him sarcastically. Me and Diego went one way, while Luther went the other. We were silent the entire search. And once we hit the top floor, we met up with Luther.

"Anything?" Luther asks us.

"No" Diego tells him. There's a pause and Luther starts to walk away, but Diego speaks again. "You wanna know why I left?"

I roll my eyes and walk backwards. "Alright, this is family business. So I'm gonna go." Then I turn around to go find Five. When I turn a corner, I saw Five with Delores and a bunch of books scattered around him. There was a bunch of writing all over the walls and Five was almost passed out. "Holy shit, Five." I rush to his side and take the vodka bottle out of his hand. I slip Delores out of his arms and put her aside, but as soon as I did that, drunk Five pulled me down beside him and cuddled into me. I try to get up without hurting him, but he doesnt let me go.

"No, beautiful. Please stay." Five mumbled as he lay his head on my shoulder. I try to wiggle out from under him, but he just snake's his arms around my waist. "Stay! you're comfortable." He drunkenly says. Knowing he's drunk and probably won't remember, I shift my body so I'm more comfortable and give his a small kiss on his head. Just as I did that, Luther and Diego walked around the corner.

"Is he, um...?" Luther starts.

Nodding, Diego finishes his sentence. "Drunk as a skunk." And when he spots me, he raises an eyebrow.

We left the library and started walking down alleyways. Five was being carried by Luther, Diego was carrying Delores, and I was walking in between both men. "Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment." Luther says.

"My place is closer. No one will look for him there." Diego tells us matter-of-factly. And once hes done talking, Five burps loudly.

"If you vomit on me..." Luther threatens.

Five ignores Luther's threat though. "You know what's funny? Aah! I'm going through puberty. Huh. Twice. and I... I drank that whole bottle, didn't I? Cause that's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof, it's gone."

"Hmm. I've been alive for way too long, so personally I'm fine with it exploding." I say, with a shrug of my shoulders. Luther scoffs while Diego raises an eyebrow and Five laughs.

"What are you guys talking about?" Five asks, referring to the earlier conversation that Luther and Diego were having.

Sighing, Luther answers him. "Two masked intruders attacked the academy last night."

"They came looking for you." Diego adds on. "So I need you to focus. What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five mutter under his breath.

Luther looked down at Five and spoke. "You know I don't like code names." At the same time Diego asked, "Who?"

"Ah, the best of the best. Except for me, of course." Five says.

"The best of what?" I ask, wanting the drunk kid to get to the point.

"You know, Delores always said she hated when I drank. She said it made me surly-" Five said, but was cut off by Diego.

"Hey! I need you to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" he demanded. Five just stared at him, not answering his question. "We just want to protect you."

"Protect me." Five repeated. "I don't need your protection, Diego. Do you have any idea how many people I've killed? No. I'm the Four frickin' Horseman. The apocalypse is coming." Then he turned around in Luther's arms, and throws up on the ground causing me to laugh till there were tears in my eyes.

ΔΔΔ

We arrived at Diego's place, which was in the boiler room of a boxing arena. Luther laid Five on the bed, while Dolores was put on a chair. When there was nowhere else to sit, I sat on the edge of the bed Five was on. Once everything was situated, all three of us looked down at five as he slept.

"Funny. If I didn't know he was a prick, I'd say he looks almost adorable in his sleep." Diego commented.

"Well, don't worry. He'll sober up eventually. Be back to his normal unpleasant self." Luther tells him. "How did you even last this long with him, Carter?" he asks.

I look up at the ape man, before looking back down at Five and answering his question. "I have 4 older brothers and an older sister who all think their better then each other. I'm used to it. How long do you think he'll be out?" I ask.

"It'll be too long. I need to find out what his connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies." Diego replies, walking closer to his door.

"All that stuff he was saying before..." Luther started. there was a thumping noise that both me and Diego heard. "What do you think he meant by that?" Luther continues, not hearing the noise. Diego holds up his finger to get Luther to stop talking and we can hear the footsteps outside getting louder. The Kraken whips out a knife as I vamp-sped to the door. I open it just a crack as Diego gets to the door. He was about to throw the knife until and old mans voice sounded from the other side.

"You throw another one of those goddamn knifes at me, I'm pressin' charges." the old man says.

Putting the knife down and opening the door more for the old man, Diego speaks. "What do you want, Al?"

The old man, Al, walks into the room more. "I ain't your secretary. Some lady called for you, said she needed your help."

"What lady?" I ask curiously, raising an eyebrow at Diego with a smirk.

"I dunno. some, uh, detective. I think she said her name was, um, Blotch or something." Al said, directing his answer to Diego.

"Patch?" said guy asks, a mixture of happiness and surprise in his voice. "She need my help."

"She needs you to meet her at that motel, a dump on Calhoun." Al imforms.

"When?"

"About half an hour ago. Uh, said she found your brother." When Al said this all three of us looked down at Five in confusion. Then Al left and it was just us three.

"Well that didn't make sense." I blurted out.

The brothers look at each other, then at the same time they both speak. "Klaus." Diego leaves in the middle of Luther trying to talk to him. "Go. We'll wait here with... him." Luther says as the door closes. He sits down on a chair, while I go back to sitting at the end of the bed Fives sleeping on. "When was the last time you got any sleep?" Luther asks me.

"What do you categorize as sleep? Cause if like being dead counts as sleep then 2 nights ago. but if youre talking about actual sleep then probably 4 nights ago." I tell him.

"Well perfect then. You get some sleep, and I'll wake you up when Five wakes up." Luther says to me.

"Oh. But vampires don't really need sleep-" I start but Luther cuts me off.

"You need to get your energy saved up. Just go to sleep." Luther said, leaving no room to argue. So I climb into the bed beside Five.

I fall asleep facing the wall and wondering what's going on back in Mystic falls with my family.