1 The Woman in White: Part 4

When we arrived at the station, Officer Hein pulled Dean out of the car and pushed him toward the entrance. Officer Jaffe helped me out of the car, but I started to get nervous when I saw Dean getting shoved away.

"Dean!" I shouted and started to run after him, but Officer Jaffe grabbed my arm.

Dean looked back at me. "It's all right, Maddi. These nice officers and I are going to get everything sorted out, and I will see you soon."

I felt a little better knowing my brother wasn't taking this situation seriously. So, I relaxed and willingly walked with Officer Jaffe into the building.

He brought me into a small white room with chairs along the walls. I turned around to ask him what would happen with Dean, but he had already closed the door and left. I grabbed the handle and jiggled it, but it was locked, so I decided to sit down and wait. A few minutes later, I stood up and started pacing.

Finally, after what felt like forever, the door opened, and Dean popped his head in.

I furrowed my brow, surprised to see him. "How did you—"

He held his finger up to his mouth and peeked out of the door. He made sure the coast was clear before turning and signaling me to follow him. We continued that process throughout the entire station until we were finally outside. By the time we stepped out, it was dark. I hadn't even realized how many hours had passed, but we ran off into the dark until we found a phone booth and called Sam.

"Fake 9-1-1 phone call? Sammy, I don't know... that's pretty illegal." Dean smiled. (...) "Listen, we gotta talk." (...) "Sammy, would you shut up for a second?" (...) He sighed. "Well, that's what I'm trying to tell you. He's gone... Dad left Jericho." (...) "I've got his journal."

How did Dean get Dad's journal? Dad doesn't go anywhere without that thing. That thought made me worry more about what could have happened to him.

"Sam?" Dean asked, worried. "Sam!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I don't know how we got to Sam so quickly. It was all a blur. I snapped out of it when Dean started shooting into the Impala at a ghostly skeletal woman who had her hand stuck into Sam's chest. He shot her, and she vanished long enough for Sam to start the car.

"I'm taking you home!" Sam yelled and then drove the car straight into the dilapidated house that stood before us.

Dean and I ran through the giant hole in the wall.

"Sam!" Dean shouted, "Sam! You okay?"

Sam groaned. "I think..."

"Can you move?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." Sam nodded. "Help me."

Dean leaned through the window to give Sam a hand.

Suddenly, Constance appeared and picked up a large, framed photograph of her and what must've been her children. She stared down at it with a sad expression on her face. She glared up at us and threw the picture down. A bureau slid toward us, but Dean shoved me out of the way before I got hit. I fell to the ground and looked up at my brothers, who were now pinned against the Impala, unable to move the bureau. Then the lights started to flicker, and Constance looked terrified. Water began to pour down the staircase and at the top stood the boy and girl from the photograph.

They were holding hands and spoke in unison, "You've come home to us, Mommy."

Constance looked up at them, clearly distraught. Suddenly, they appeared beside her. As they embraced her, she screamed, and her ghost started to flicker. In a massive surge of energy, still screaming, Constance and her children melted into a puddle on the floor. Sam and Dean were finally able to shove the bureau over. We all walked over and looked down at the puddle.