9 Home: Part 4

"All right, so, tell me again, what are we still doin' here?" Dean asked after we pulled up to the house.

"I don't know. I just... I still have a bad feeling," Sam said.

"Why? Missouri did her whole Zelda Rubenstein thing. The house should be clean. It should be over," Dean said.

"Yeah, well, probably. But I just wanna make sure, that's all," Sam said.

"Yeah, well, problem is I could be sleeping in a bed right now." Dean slid down in his seat and closed his eyes.

"Dean. Look, Dean!" Sam yelled.

We looked out of the window up to the house, and Jenny was pounding her fists against the glass, screaming.

"Maddison, stay here! I'm not kidding!" Dean yelled, and then they both got out and ran toward the house.

"You grab the kids. I'll get Jenny!" Dean yelled to Sam.

I got out of the car and stood on the lawn, waiting for my brothers to come out. Dean and Jenny ran out a few minutes later. He stood behind me with his hands on my shoulders while we waited for Sam and the kids to come out. Sari finally ran out, with Richie in her arms.

Dean ran over to Sari and knelt in front of her. "Sari, where's Sam?"

"He's inside. Something's got him." Sari cried and ran to her mother.

Dean ran over to the Impala and grabbed an ax and a shotgun out of the trunk, and then he ran to the house.

"Dean!" I yelled.

"Maddison! Stay with Jenny!" he yelled back and then started breaking down the door.

Once he broke through, he ran in, and I started freaking out. I started pacing and couldn't stop staring at the house.

"Maddison, honey. Come here," Jenny called over to me with her hand out for me to hold.

I looked at her clinging to her family and couldn't take it anymore, so I ran for the house.

"Maddison!" Jenny yelled.

It was too late. I had already run through the hole Dean had created. I ran to the kitchen, where I could hear Sam and Dean. I saw a flaming figure walking toward Sam, who was pinned against the wall by an invisible force, and Dean, who was pointing his shotgun at it.

"No, don't! Don't!" Sam yelled at Dean.

"What, why?!" Dean yelled back.

"Because I know who it is. I can see her now," Sam said, choked up.

The fire suddenly vanished, and it was her, just like in the pictures, it was Mary.

"Mom?" Dean asked, his voice cracking.

"Dean." She walked forward and put her hand on his cheek.

"Sam." Mary walked over to Sam and wiped a tear from his face.

I slowly walked up behind Dean and put my hand in his. Mary saw me and smiled. She was so beautiful.

She turned her attention back to Sam and Dean. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Sam asked her.

Mary looked at him sadly but didn't say anything.

She turned around and looked up at the ceiling. "You get out of my house. And let go of my son." Then she burst into flames once again.

She floated up and disappeared into the ceiling, the house creaked loudly, and then Sam was suddenly released. The house instantly felt calm, like a weight was lifted from it.