11 Scarecrow: Part 4

We pulled up next to the orchard, and Sam ran out, so, of course, I followed.

"Maddison, go back to the car!" Sam whisper-shouted.

"Too late. I'm already out here," I said and continued to follow.

Sam sighed and shook his head but just kept walking until we came across Emily and Dean tied to trees.

"Dean?" Sam whispered.

Dean was overjoyed. "Oh! Oh, I take everything back I said. I'm so happy to see you. Have you seen Maddison?"

I stepped forward and waved.

"Oh, thank god. I was so worried..." Dean said and then shook his hands. "Now come on. We've gotta get going."

Sam started to untie Dean, and I began untying Emily.

"How'd you get here?" Dean asked.

"I, uh... I stole a car," Sam said.

"Haha! That's my boy! And keep an eye on that scarecrow. He could come alive any minute," Dean said.

"What scarecrow?" Sam asked.

We all looked at the empty post and started to make a run for the car.

"We are going to have to find the sacred tree the god is attached to," Dean said as we ran.

Sam nodded. "All right, now, this sacred tree you're talking about—"

"It's the source of its power," Dean explained.

"So, let's find it and burn it," Sam said.

"Nah, in the morning. Let's just shag ass before Leather Face catches up," Dean said.

We reached a clearing and were met by Emily's aunt and uncle and a few other townspeople pointing guns at us.

Dean put himself in front of me and then pushed us all in another direction. "This way." But when we turned, there were people everywhere with guns.

Sam and Dean both tried to block me from the guns as best as they could. Then a growl echoed through the woods.

"Please. Let us go." Emily cried.

"It'll be over quickly, I promise," Harley said.

"Please," Emily whimpered.

Harley looked at her sadly. "Emily, you have to let him take you. You have to—"

Suddenly, the scarecrow stuck his sickle through Harley's stomach. Stacy screamed, Emily buried her face in Dean's chest, and then the scarecrow grabbed Stacy too. The scarecrow stuck his sickle in Harley's ankle and then dragged him and Stacy into the fog. Everyone around us started running and screaming.

"Come on, let's go," Dean said.

Sam grabbed my hand, and we all started running in the direction of the Impala. Once we reached the car, we could hear screams and growls in the woods, but the scarecrow was nowhere to be seen.

"How's the Impala here?" Dean asked.

"We'll talk about it later," Sam said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Back at the motel, Emily decided to take a long shower, and Sam thought it was a good idea to inform Dean that I had driven the Impala.

"So, tell me again...?" Dean asked.

"Ugh, Dean, I already told you like five times." I groaned.

"I just need to hear it again," he said.