2 Wendigo: Part 2

We pulled into the driveway of the man from the newspaper. I wasn't allowed to go in again, but this time I was okay with it because I was tired. The last thing I saw before my eyes closed and I drifted off was Sam and Dean walking into the house.

Later, I woke up slightly and realized Sam was carrying me into our motel.

"Man, she's out." Dean chuckled.

Sam laughed. "Yeah, it's been a while since I've put her to bed. It feels kinda nice to be back."

"Yeah, man, I'm glad you're back too." Dean chuckled slightly and sighed. "So... spirits and demons don't have to unlock doors. If they want inside, they just go through the walls."

"So, it's probably something else..." Sam said, "Something, corporeal."

"Corporeal? Excuse me, professor," Dean said sarcastically.

Sam laid me down on one of the beds. "Shut up. So, what do you think?"

"The claws, the speed that it moves..." Dean said, "Could be a skinwalker, maybe a black dog. Whatever we're talking about... we're talking about a creature, and it's corporeal. Which means we can kill it."

I heard the door open as they walked out, still talking, and everything faded out again. I woke up again a little while later, to the door opening and closing. I could hear whispers and the boys going through their bags. I felt the bed shift under someone's weight, and then the blankets were pulled up over my body.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The next morning, I woke up to the sun shining through the windows, but the room was empty. I sat up quickly, now concerned, until I noticed a piece of paper hanging on the door. I stretched and then walked over to it, pulling the note off. It was in Dean's handwriting:

I crumpled up the paper and threw it across the room

I crumpled up the paper and threw it across the room. They could've at least woken me up to say bye. They didn't even know what they were dealing with. As hunters, you never know when you will see the people you care about for the last time, so I was frustrated. I looked down and remembered I was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I went through my bag and grabbed pants, but I had no clean shirts, so I stole one of Dean's flannels out of his bag. I showered and decided to watch TV for a while.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A few hours later, I groaned and turned off the TV. There was nothing good on, and the signal kept cutting in and out anyway. I slammed the remote down on the seat next to me. I got up and slid the curtains over, and opened the window to get some fresh air. That's when I saw the boy from yesterday riding his bike around again. I decided that there was no way Sam and Dean would find out I had left the room, so I grabbed the spare key and walked out.

When I walked up to the boy, he had parked his bike in front of a house and was just staring at it. "Hey."

The boy jumped and quickly wiped his face and sniffled. "Hey. Who are you? I've never seen you around here before."