4 Phantom Traveler: Part 6

When we walked off the jet bridge into the airport, FBI agents were asking people questions about the flight.

We walked by the co-pilot being questioned. "Sir, can you tell me what happened?"

"I don't know," the co-pilot answered nervously, "I was walking through the airport, then it all goes blank. I don't even remember getting on the plane."

We kept walking and passed Amanda being questioned by another agent. "Anything else?" He looked up from his notepad.

"No, that's all," she said. We caught her eye as we walked by, and she mouthed 'Thank you' to us.

Dean swung his arm around my shoulders. "Let's get out of here."

We all looked at each other and then walked toward the exit. Sam had an upset look on his face.

"You okay?" Dean asked, concerned.

Sam stopped suddenly in front of us. "Dean, it knew about Jessica."

Dean shook his head. "Sam, these things, they— they read minds. They lie. All right? That's all it was." He put his hands on Sam's shoulders, forcing him to make eye contact with him.

"Yeah." Sam nodded unconvincingly.

"Come on." Dean smacked Sam lightly on the shoulder and then replaced his arm around me.

We continued out of the airport together and made it back to the Impala.

"Let's not ever fly again," I said once we got in.

"Yeah, I agree with that." Dean laughed, looking at me in the rear-view mirror.

Sam didn't say anything and just stared out of his window. Dean started the car and drove over to the airplane hangar to see Jerry one last time before heading out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jerry was already waiting for us outside of the hangar as he had heard what had happened with the airplane. When we parked, he walked over to us, and we got out of the car to greet him.

"Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do. A lot of people could have been killed," Jerry said as he held his hand out for each of us to shake. "Your dad's gonna be real proud."

"We'll see you around, Jerry," Sam said, and we all parted ways to get back into the car as Jerry began walking off.

"Ya know, Jerry," Dean said.

Jerry turned around. "Yeah?"

"I meant to ask you, how did you get my cell phone number, anyway?" Dean asked. "I've only had it for like six-months."

"Your dad gave it to me," Jerry said.

Sam furrowed his brow. "What?"

"When did you talk to him?" Dean asked.

I looked at Jerry, my heart pounding while I waited for the answer.

"I mean, I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number. His voice message said to give you a call." Jerry nodded and then turned around. "Thanks again, guys."

We all exchanged looks before getting into the Impala. Dean started the car, and we drove to the exit of the airport. He then turned and parked on a dirt road just outside.

"This doesn't make any sense, man," Sam said, "I've called Dad's number like fifty times. It's been out of service."

Dean dialed a number into his phone and then put it on speaker.