14 Nightmare: Part 1

May 14th - May 18th, 2006

I woke up to loud movement, lights flicking on, and Dean whispering, "What are you doing man, it's the middle of the night."

I sat up. "What's going on?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"We have to go," Sam said as he packed his bag.

"What's happening?" Dean asked, now alert.

"We have to go. Right now," Sam said urgently. Then he grabbed his bag and walked out of the room.

I looked over at Dean, who was now getting out of his bed. "What the hell?"

He looked over and raised his eyebrow. "Excuse me, little girl?"

I laughed nervously. "I didn't say anything."

"That's what I thought, now get up. Apparently, we need to hit the road," Dean said as he threw his things into his bag and then picked up mine, setting it on the couch next to me. "Pack this and get dressed I will be back in, in a sec." Then he walked out of the room with his bag.

I quickly got up, grabbed some clothes, and ran to the bathroom to get dressed. I ran back out and packed my bag just in time for Dean to walk in.

He walked over and picked up my bag. "Ready? The kids freakin' out."

I nodded and then followed him out of the motel to the Impala. "What's wrong?"

Dean looked down at me. "He had a dream about a man getting locked in a car, in a garage, while the car was running. He said the man couldn't get out, and he died."

I raised my eyebrows in shock, and when we got to the car, Sam was on the phone. Dean turned on the car and took off down the road.

Sam read off one of his fake police badges. "McCreedy. Detective McCreedy. Badge number 1-5-8. I've got a signal 4-80 in progress. I need the registered owner of a two-door sedan, Michigan license plate Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven." (...) "Yeah, okay, just hurry." He sighed and was clearly put on hold.

"Sammy, relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare," Dean said.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Sam nodded.

"I mean it... a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. This license plate, it won't check out. You'll see." Dean shook his head.

Sam looked over at Dean, still on hold. "It felt different, Dean. Real... like when I dreamt about our old house. And Jessica."

Dean nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense. You're dreaming about our house, your girlfriend... this guy in your dream, you ever seen him before?"

"No," Sam said.

"No. Exactly. Why would you have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan?" Dean asked.

Sam shrugged. "I don't know."

Dean shook his head. "Me neither."

Sam turned quickly. "Yes, I'm here." (...) He glared over at Dean, then grabbed a pen and paper and started writing. "Jim Miller. Saginaw, Michigan. You have a street address? Got it. Thanks." He hung up and sighed. "Checks out... how far are we?"

Dean glanced over at Sam. "From Saginaw? A couple hours."

"Drive faster," Sam said, staring out of the front of the car.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dean pulled up to a house with emergency vehicles in front of it, someone was being wheeled out of the garage on a stretcher. Sam and Dean gave each other concerned expressions, and then we got out of the car and stood with the crowd of people watching.