She's My Cousin

GUYS!!!!!! EXAM WEEK IS OVER!!!!!!!!! You know what that means? UPDATES!! So enjoy this one!

---------------------------------------------

I woke up to feeling the spot beside me empty. "Eric?" I grumbled quietly, opening my eyes, having difficulty adjusting to the dark.

But soon, the room was flooded with light and when I looked toward the door, I had to squint to figure out it was Eric who was arriving.

"Oh, you're awake." he stated, soundlessly closing the door behind him.

I nodded, getting out of bed and walking towards the mirror, fixing my morning hair. "Where were you?" I asked Eric, looking at him from the mirror.

"I went to see someone. I even overheard Four talking to Tris. Turns out last night three people tried to push her over the chasm, and someone...touched her." he added at the end.

"Really, who?"

"I don't know. Though, do you want to go back to Peter and your friends in the dining hall?" he asked, coming up behind me and messing up my hair right when I had finished fixing it.

"Eric!" I cried out and turned around to hit him on the arm.

"Ow!" he whined, laughing a bit, "You know you're stronger than you were before initiation."

 "Well sorry." I said sarcastically, patting my hair down again.

Five minutes later, I had left Eric's apartment and walked towards the dining hall. Once I entered, I looked around for Peter and saw him sitting down with Molly, though Drew wasn't there which was kind of weird. Maybe he had just slept in.

"Hey guys." I said, sitting down beside Peter, though Molly was looking at her food and Peter looked pissed. "Is something wrong?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, there is, and I want to talk to you about it." Peter said, grabbing my arm – not gently at all – and bringing me out of the dining hall.

When he was sure we were alone, he looked down at me and tried to say calmly, though not succeeding very well, "Why did you go in Eric's room last night? And WHY did you sleep there? Did you sleep with him or something?"

My eyes widened in shock at what he just asked me. "Excuse me?” He has to be joking with me. “And what about you, huh?"

"What about me?" he challenged.

"Where were you last night?" Then the image of him running away from the chasm appeared in my mind.

Eric had told me that last night, someone had tried to throw Tris over the chasm. Someone had touched her. Peter and Al were there last night. Peter was probably the one who almost killed her…touched her. "You must have had fun too, no? Touching Tris and trying to kill her. Was it pleasant? Had fun?" I stated angrily.

"How do you know that?"

"Well, while you had your little pleasantries," I continued, ignoring his question, "I almost got raped. By a guy named Will – and no, not Will from Erudite.” I cleared the confusion before he could ask. “He tied me up to a bed and he started to do whatever he wanted with me. Even when I begged him to stop, he never did. He just wanted to have fun. And you know what? I felt powerless when he did, ashamed even.” I looked Peter dead in the eyes. “I know how Tris probably felt when you touched her. If it weren't for Eric, what do you think would have happened to me last night, huh?” I wanted to cry out in anger. A part for what happened to me last night and another for what he did. “Oh, and you know what? Tris is actually my cousin. Yeah, shocking isn’t it? I found out about that when I thought I had seen my mom when the initiate’s families came to visit but ended up being Tris’s mom. So, how does it feel, Peter? Now knowing that you almost killed my cousin? Feel a bit guiltier?”