Butter Knife

Some foul language in this chapter, but very few, thought you should know.

--------------------------------

When I told Peter to eliminate Edward, I meant to scare him, do something that will make him want to leave Dauntless without actually permanently hurting him. Though I knew that that wouldn’t be the case once Peter slung me out of bed, hauled me over his shoulder and ran out of the dormitory with Drew in front of him.

“What did you guys do?” I screeched, pretty pissed to having been pulled out of my sleep so violently.

Not a second later, someone in our dorm screams. It sounded like someone was getting mutilated and I immediately knew that what these two boys did wasn’t good.

“What did you guys do?” I asked, more demanding this time.

“We might or might not have permanently damaged Edward’s eye sight.” Drew said in a small voice, still running ahead of Peter.

Once we were far enough from the dorm, Peter set me back down onto solid ground, making sure that we were all hidden behind a corner.

“What do you mean, might have?” I crossed my arms over my chest, an eyebrow arched upwards.

“Um,” Peter scratched the back of his neck. He seemed pretty uncomfortable with my question, hinting that he wasn’t really proud of what he did back in the dorm. If he had been okay with what he did, he would have said it with one of his signature smirks plastered on his gorgeous face. But this was one of the rare times where he wasn’t. “After you went to bed, I went back to the dining hall and took a butter knife from one of the tables. We…eh…kind of used it to eliminate Edward from the competition.”

“What?” I screeched. “How on earth do you use a butter knife, out of all the things you could have possibly taken, to eliminate Edward from the competition?” I was so confused. I mean, he could have done something else, like pretend to throw him over the chasm, threaten him to get out of Dauntless and if he didn’t, that he’d actually push him over the edge. You know, something that could actually scare someone to leave. Not use a freaking butter knife!

Drew and Peter shared a look. They both seemed unsure of how to come out and say what they did exactly to Edward.

“Well,” I looked at both boys standing awkwardly in front of me. “Someone mind explaining what happened?”

Sometimes, as hard as it was to believe, I was probably the scariest out of my friends. Even if I was a head smaller than the shortest member of our group, I was the one with the worst attitude. Back in Candor, no one dared to get on my bad side because they knew just to which measures I would go to make them regret doing whatever they did. And if they ever did get on my bad side, it’s because they did something that I really didn’t like. Or I just didn’t like them, like Christina for example.

It took a moment before either of them spoke. In the end, it was Drew and to say he looked uncomfortable was an understatement. His face was getting as red as his hair.

In other circumstances, it might have been funny to see him like this, but right now, I just wanted to know what happened back in the dorm.

“IstabbedEdwardintheeyewithabutterknife.” His words came out as fast as it takes to open a light, therefore, no time at all.

“Excuse me?” I asked, needing for him to repeat what he said because I obviously did not understand a thing he said.

Drew swallowed before repeating what he said, more slowly this time around. “I stabbed Edward in the eye with a butter knife. Please don’t hurt me,” he cowered back, shutting his eyes and bringing his hands up in surrender.