I Need You Here Part 2

Part 2/3

______________________________________

Peter’s POV

I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m helping the girl who I tried to kill not even a month ago survive and escape. No, I’m helping Florence’s cousin escape. I may hate Tris but she doesn’t deserve to die.

I go down a hallway filled with Dauntless traitors and we’re all quiet as I push the table with Tris lying down on it. Once I turn the corner and make sure no one is around, I start walking faster until I’m sprinting down the hallway.

Once I get to my destination, I stop quickly, causing Tris’s body to slide down the table a bit. Instead of adjusting her, I pick her up into my arms. One arm under her shoulders and one arm under her knees. Exactly like the last time I held Florence. I ignore the growing pain in my chest and to make sure I don’t cry, I make a stupid comment to change my mind. I look down at Tris whose head is now resting on my shoulder. “For someone so small, you’re heavy, Stiff.” Then I focus on the door in front of me.

I punch in the pass code and the door to Tobias’s cell opens. Tobias is sitting on his bed, his shoulders slouched.

“What do-” He starts talking but once he looks at me, his eyes widen. “Oh my god. Oh-”

I roll my eyes. “Spare me the blubbering, okay? She’s not dead; she’s just paralyzed. It’ll only last for about a minute. Now get ready to run.” I inform him, my voice dead serious. Sooner or later, they will realize that Four is gone and Tris’s body was never brought to the lab and I don’t want to be here when they do.

“Let me carry her,” Tobias says, reaching towards her but I take a step back.

“No. You’re a better shot than I am. Take my gun, I’ll carry her.” I move a bit to the left to show him my gun and he takes it out of its holster. Once he has it firmly clasped in his hand, he passes his hand over Tris’s forehead, gives me one more look and we both start running.

We run and when we’re about to arrive at a corner, I yell, “Left!” and we sprint down the hallway.

“Hey, what-!” Someone calls out but luckily, I have Four with me and before he can utter another word, he shoots him in the chest. The guy falls to the floor like a ragged doll but we don’t stop running.

“Right!” I instruct and he shoots another guard that I hadn’t even seen. “Whoa,” Impressive if you ask me. No wonder he was in Dauntless. He was an amazing shot. “Wait, stop here!” I stop running and so does he. I open the door that will lead us outside but when I’m about to pass through after Four, something stops me.

“Careful!” Tris grumbles, her hand pressed to the door frame where I would most likely have hit her. I turn us sideways and slide through the door, closing it shut with my foot. Once the door is firmly closed, I drop her on the floor, not really caring if she hurt herself. The worst she’d get would be a bruise.

I look around and see the exit. Apart from the chute and the trash cans, the room is empty. I look back at the door, almost scared that someone will come crashing through it but this would be the last place they’d look for. I mean, who would look in the trash incinerator? But nonetheless, it didn’t stop my blood from pumping quickly in my veins.

“Tris,” Four says, quickly crouching down beside her on the ground, looking pale and extremely worried.

“Beatrice,” is all that comes out of her mouth. I thought she couldn’t get any dumber but here she was, proving me wrong.