New Start

Note: 

I do not own any of the characters or the main idea from the Divergent book from the wonderful Veronica Roth. But I have created some, like the character Florence. 

__________________________________________________________________________

I yell. That's all I can do, the pain is so great, I can't see or feel anything else. 

"Stop yelling!" my dad orders. But I don't listen to him. How could I? Ever since I was 4 he has never done anything but torture me. Everyday, at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I barley got to eat, usually, he would punish me for anything I did. Even if all I did was lick my lips. 

I yell again. I feel the knife digging in my left arm, my dad-Sebastian- cutting something into it. He has never loved me. Neither has my mother. They both wanted a son, but got me instead. And once they got my little brother, their life was perfect, so once he was born, the found pleasure by torturing me. They don't even care about me. 

"Stop! Please stop!" I sob. The pain is so great that black spots start to form in my eyes.  

Is this what it is to die? 

No, I am not going to die. Not like this. I can't! What about Eric? Even though the last time I saw him was when I was 14, a year ago, before he would chose which faction he would live in. He was 2 years older then me, but he was the best person I ever met. Eric was from Erudite, a very smart boy, but I haven't seen him in so long. I prayed every night that he would come and save me from this hell hole. Where was he now? Does he still remember me? Does he still care about me? Will I ever see him again?  

Anger started to bubble up inside me. I don't really know how I found the strength to do it, but I managed to lift my foot and kick Sebastian in the ribs. 

He groaned and I was able to push away from him and get out the door before he could catch up with me. 

I ran, and ran, not knowing where I would end up or what would happen. The pain in my arm and everywhere else on my body hurt even more now and the black spots in my eyes were taking over my sight. 

Before I new it, I was on the ground in the park. Not able to move, or see, but able to feel every single place where I was hurt even more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eric, meet Mr. Heavell's daughter, Florence. Florence, meet my son, Eric." my dad's coworker, John said. Beside him was a boy, 14 years old at least, with dark hair and wearing a dark blue shirt with blue jeans, he was from Erudite for sure. 

"Hi, Eric." I said shyly, looking down at my black pants and white blouse, the Candor dress code. 

"Hi, Florence." he answered. 

My dad hit me hard behind the head and growled, "Florence, stop being a stupid girl and bring Eric outside to show him around." 

I nodded, walking toward the door, jerking my chin at Eric to mention for him to follow me. I couldn't help but see him wince, but he still followed me out the door. 

We both walked in silence for a while, before Eric broke it by saying,"So, Florence, how old are you?" 

"12. How about you?" 

"14." 

I nodded. We continued to walk all the way until we arrived at the park. 

There was no one there, so it was only me and Eric and the swings. I sat down on one and Eric on the other. 

He hesitated before asking, "Does your dad always hit you like he just did at your house?" 

The question caught me off guard. No one has ever cared about me, or what happened to me. 

It took me a couple of seconds before answering, "Yes, but it's worse than that. What you saw was nothing compared to what he does to me." 

I looked back at Eric's face, but it was all blurry. I could hardly distinguish his features before everything turned black.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a gasp, my eyes darting open. The room before me was spinning as I slowly got up on my elbows. Once the room stopped spinning, I realized that I wasn't in my room, at all. 

How did I get here? Where am I? What happened yesterday?  

All these questions were running in my head like a wild horse, but I forgot all about them once the door opened and a boy about my age with brown hair and beautiful green eyes stood before me also wearing the Candor dress code, white and black.

__________________________________________________________________________ 

AN

So, this is the first chapter of my Peter Fanfic, I hope you guys will enjoy it and I'll try to uploa as soon as possible! Thanks!!

~Mrs. Gleeson