New feelings

I do not own most of the characters apart from the ones that you do not meet in the book (Florence, her family and other people later on in the story), all the credit and the main idea of this fanfic goes to the lovely Veronica Roth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I know i haven't written in a while, but i've been very busy with school. Also, i haven't gotten a lot of feedbacks on the story, so i don't know if you guys like it or not. i know it's a slow beginning, but my point is that you know her past before we get into all the fun stuff that happens later on. But please, read, comment and vote!!! Hope you like this chapter, i had a lot of fun writing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With shaking hands, I opened the door. My parents-if you could call them that-were both sitting at the table with my little brother, Edwin.

I slowly made my way to the stairs before my mom-Sofia-called after me.

“Florence, where do you think you’re going?” she demanded.

“To my room to do my homework.” I answered as if nothing had ever happened, as if I was never gone last night.

“No, you are going to sit at the table right now and tell us where on EARTH you were last night!” my dad yelled, slamming his fist on the table.

“Why? Because you didn’t get the pleasure to torture me enough?” I wanted to snap at him, but I knew that if I did, I would probably end up dead, so I kept my mouth shut about that. Though what could I saw to convince them I wasn’t with Peter?

Once I sat down, I got nervous and tried really hard to try to hide it. I started digging my fingernails into my palms, trying to focus on the pain there rather than my nervousness.

“Talk. NOW!” Sebastian ordered, his voice making me wince back.

“I-” I started. What could I say? What could I say? “I don’t know what happened.” More, more! “I fell unconscious last night and then woke up a couple blocks away from school. I’m not sure if I was actually able to walk there or if I was carried.” I hope that that was convincing enough lie, that only if you read my mind you could find out I was lying.

Before I knew it, I was on the ground and my jaw hurt.

I didn’t realize that my dad had hit me until he kicked me in the stomach.

“You’re lying!” another punch in the jaw.

“No! I’m n-“ I got cut off when Sebastian kicked me in the stomach again, except this time ten times harder, causing all the air to leave my lungs, leaving me gasping on the ground.

“You are nothing but a disappointment to this family!” he yelled.

“Why?” I managed to choke out. And that’s when I got my dad’s attention, so I continued. “Why am I such a disappointment? What did I ever do to deserve this?”  Tears were fighting their way out, so I curled into a ball and started to cry. Though I didn’t stay like that for long since my dad grabbed me by my hair and dragged me towards the door.

I yelled at the top of my lungs, hoping someone might hear. I tried to get his hands off my hair but failed miserably.

For a few seconds, it felt like I was flying, until my body slammed into the cement steps and I slowly rolled down each one of them. When I was at the bottom step, I looked up, which was a very bad idea because he was there and he punched me in the face.