Is She...

"Do you think your parents will come visit tomorrow?" I asked Peter once we entered the Pit. There were still quite a lot of people considering it was fifteen minutes pass eleven.

"Actually, I do think they will come to visit us. I'd be kind of disappointed if they didn't, though." I could tell by his tone of voice that he was stressed about tomorrow.

My hand tightened around his as I tried to reassure him. "They'll come, I'm sure." Knowing his parents, I was close to one hundred percent sure they would. They loved Peter with all their hearts, since he was their only son.

I remember seeing the way they looked at Peter with so much love and pride when we used to live in Candor that it made me jealous. Why couldn't my parents love me the way Peter's parents loved him? Why couldn't I have parents who would take a bullet for me in the blink of an eye like his parents? Sometimes, it made me cry at night when I realized what it would feel like to be loved by your parents. For my whole life, I have been hated by the people who should love me unconditionally. The woman who gave birth to me despised me. The man who helped bring me to life hurt me until my skin was covered in cuts and bruises. My little brother was brought up to despise me, to think I am a pest that should never have been born in the first place. The only person who has ever truly loved me is Peter.

"Hey, you okay?" Peter asked me, concern evident in his voice.

I hadn't even realized that I was crying until he wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

"Why are you crying?"

I just shook my head as I wiped all my other tears away. The problem was, more tears replaced the ones I had already gotten rid of. "It's-it's nothing."

"It is something if you're crying. Did I do something wrong? Do you regret your decision of forgiving me?" He looked worried as he looked at me, his beautiful green eyes wide.

"No, no of course not! How could you even think that?" My voice came out louder than I meant it to, causing some unwanted stares to be directed towards us.

Peter rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, his other still holding mine. "Then why are you crying?"

I looked away from him, not being able to hold his stare any longer. "I was just thinking about how lucky you are,"

His brows furrowed. "What do you mean by lucky?"

I took in a deep breath, trying to control the tears threatening to come out against my will. "You're lucky because you actually have a family who loves you, Peter." This time, I looked at him. "You're parents are going to come visit you tomorrow while my parents are probably having a party because I'm gone. No one will come visit me because I have no family who wants to see me. I'm alone-"

"You are not alone, Florence," Peter cut me off before I could even finish my sentence. "You have me, Florence. I can be your family because no one in this world can love you the way I can. No one can love you as much as I do." He took a step forward so there was barely any space between us. His hands came up to cup my cheeks. "You will never be alone as long as I'm here." He brought his lips to my forehead, then my nose until finally, they pressed against my own. I kissed him back without resistance.

"My family can be yours too, Florence," he whispered against by lips before kissing me again.

--

"Get up, you lovebirds, it's visiting day today." Someone said which caused me to groan. I was so comfortable right now, with Peter's arms wrapped tightly against my small body. I heard the person trying to wake us up groan and leave. Though only for a few short seconds until they reappeared beside me. Before I knew it, cold water was being poured all over my face and Peter's.